Talent Level On The Top 8 CFB Teams

BIG ERN

16 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Stars plus the list of suitors is what I look at.  Who was that four star QB we had a few years back that we wrestled away from Western Kentucky?

Brion Carnes! I forgot about him.  He is Frazier's cousin and was supposed to be the spark Bo needed.  There was a lot of excitement around him.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Alabama and Ohio State are able to select, not necessarily recruit.  Plus, how many guys get bumps in their ratings after getting an offer from Alabama or Ohio State.

I am not saying the 2 schools aren't loaded with talent, because they are.  I just think that recruiting ranking, while they provide value, don't have flaws.

I understand all of those things.  It is just crazy the amount of talent on those rosters.  Wide gap, to say the least.

We just need a system and identity that actually tries to run the ball. Didn't get that with Riley. At all. We did with Bo and won 9 to 10 games a year, but lacked in other areas, hence, no conference championship wins. Give Frost and his coaches a little time and I'm sure Nebraska will be back to competing and winning. Might take a little time is all.

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, Redux said:

I would say for us to be successful and consistently win the West we need to be around 20-30.  Wisconsin doing it with 6 is just insanity.  Their coach and QB this year alone scream .500 to me, but for whatever reason that team has found the perfect rythym and chemistry.  Well that and a softer schedule, I don't expect them to make much noise IF they manage to beat tOSU.

Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist, but I'd be willing to bet Wisconsin beats Ohio State.  Delany wants a B1G team in the playoff.  Ohio State probably doesn't make it in unless something crazy happens.  I'm looking for a game similar to ours against A&M a few years back with regards to how the game is officiated.

22 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

We just need a system and identity that actually tries to run the ball. Didn't get that with Riley. At all. We did with Bo and won 9 to 10 games a year, but lacked in other areas, hence, no conference championship wins. Give Frost and his coaches a little time and I'm sure Nebraska will be back to competing and winning. Might take a little time is all.

Why should it take a little time?

I have always believed the right coach turns things around right away.

According to any recruiting ranking NU has more talent than anyone in the division.

Then I watch these guys play, and it seems unimaginable that these same guys could be a good football team.

So, how long will it take?

1 hour ago, gratefullred said:

Why should it take a little time?

I have always believed the right coach turns things around right away.

According to any recruiting ranking NU has more talent than anyone in the division.

Then I watch these guys play, and it seems unimaginable that these same guys could be a good football team.

So, how long will it take?

Being competitive? Hopefully right away. I think we will with Frost. 

Winning the division? Maybe 2 or 3 years.

Winning the conference? Maybe 3 to 5 years.

I really don't have that answer. All I know is I feel good about it.

Doesn't mean we can win right away. You never know.

5 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Being competitive? Hopefully right away. I think we will with Frost. 

Winning the division? Maybe 2 or 3 years.

Winning the conference? Maybe 3 to 5 years.

I really don't have that answer. All I know is I feel good about it.

Doesn't mean we can win right away. You never know.

I think you are spot on. It’s easier to recruit when you are winning and playing a style of offense that more tallented/ fast kids want to play. There’s no secret that SF is the hottest young coach this year. That usually pays dividends in recruiting 

Do we know what his UCF class is ranked at now?   Getting kids to go to a Florida school from Florida is going to be far easier than to Nebraska.  With Osborne or Solich we never had terribly high classes, I gonna say around 10th would be close to the top and 14 to 15th the last few years for Coach Osborne, going off memory.  We won a lot back in those days, and never really saw the mass input that other teams have seen from it.  IE Bama,  top two for how many years now.  

We all want Coach Frost to do the same thing.  The key to it will be giving him time to accomplish it.  We already have polls up on how long it will take.  Unneeded for any reason I think.  It takes him what ever it takes and he should not be under pressure from it the first day he walks in.  We are getting exactly what most asked for.  Don't make his life a living hell like we have the last two coaches.  Be patient and happy.

Edited by skersfan
On 11/29/2017 at 6:27 PM, NebraskaHarry said:

Well said.  Having the right system and identity with the right staff can make a roster of 3-star players perform like a 5-star team.