F**K Herbstreit

13 minutes ago, skersfan said:

That is how far we are off the path.

We are certainly more in need of a "rebuild" now than when Riley took over.

I think Frost will do very well in a short period of time though.  For all the nonsense we were told about Riley and his staff being excellent teachers of the game and developers of talent, I think we will truly see that from Frost and his staff.

.......and apparently Frost actually knows how to recruit and develop quarterbacks.

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yeah, **** Herbstreit for doing his job talking logically about college football.

It is entirely reasonable to make an argument that Florida and Florida State will always out-recruit us...because it's actual reality.

But what's not actual reality is Frost going to FSU. That is entirely hearsay with nothing behind it, unlike Frost to Nebraska. 

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

I think Frost will do very well in a short period of time though.  For all the nonsense we were told about Riley and his staff being excellent teachers of the game and developers of talent, I think we will truly see that from Frost and his staff.

.......and apparently Frost actually knows how to recruit and develop quarterbacks.

There is still talent on the roster. I think we could expect something like he did at UCF, though not quite to that level of success. I could see a 6 win season next year and then a 10-11 win season in 2019 for sure. Now I don't expect this from Frost, I just think he is capable of that. 

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I agree with the bolded, but I do wonder what the roster will look like?  There is very little doubt in my mind that we will be a much more aggressive, hard hitting team than we are now.  After the first few practices, how many current players bolt?  I don't want to derail a Herbie hating thread, but I do wonder how many current players simply won't be able to hack the transition.

Recruiting is a funny deal, you get kids that want to go away from home, others that want to stay close.  His toughest job will be to get the higher talent level to consider Nebraska.  I think he has the background, the work ethic, the desire and the loyalty locked down.  Can he recruit to Nebraska is his only challenge.  He has NC ring, history from Oregon and now UCF.  If anyone is going to be able to, it is him.  I think we did good. 

23 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I agree with the bolded, but I do wonder what the roster will look like?  There is very little doubt in my mind that we will be a much more aggressive, hard hitting team than we are now.  After the first few practices, how many current players bolt?  I don't want to derail a Herbie hating thread, but I do wonder how many current players simply won't be able to hack the transition.

I was toying with starting a topic on attrition due to having to worker much harder and more having more physical practices, etc.  But, then again, i dont want to assume the guys DONT want to work hard and they may actually crave a coach who demands it.

Typical sports yapper:  livin` large yappin`-zero accountability.

Good work if you can find it...

P.S., Mullen will tank @ FL, mark my words-not a good fit.  Chip Kelly, however, wouldve been a ridiculous fit @ FL and I really wanted to see that happen-all that speed/talent in that offense.  They shouldve made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

Edited by Big Red Commie