Hello Scott Frost

knapplc

Nebraska will hire former Husker Scott Frost as program's 33rd head football coach

LINCOLN — Scott Frost is coming home to resurrect Husker football.

Nebraska will announce the former, national title-winning Husker quarterback as its new head coach Saturday, according to a source close to the situation. Frost’s current team, Central Florida, completed an undefeated regular season and won the American Athletic Conference championship over Memphis.

"Scott is obviously a great coach and very good person," Husker legend Tom Osborne said last week. Osborne was Frost’s college coach and one of his career-long mentors. "He has good values and he's really steady. He's the whole package."

Frost will be formally introduced to Husker fans Sunday at noon, but his hiring had been a known reality in the coaching industry for a week. NU graduate assistants and administrators had called recruits earlier in the week to inform them Frost was coming.

Several UCF assistants, according to sources, are likely to join Frost’s staff, including defensive coordinator Erik Chinander; some assistants may start recruiting for the Huskers as soon as Sunday. Frost’s contract will be seven years and around $35 million, which would put him among the nation’s top 15 highest-paid college football coaches and make him the highest-paid coach in Husker history.

• Plus1 5

I am so happy for Scott Frost.  The season couldn't have ended any better for him.  To take an 0-12 team and make them 12-0 conference champions says it all.  I am so happy for him, the ucf players, his new family and the husker nation.  And finally, I am so excited to update my location to Lincoln Nebraska!

Edited by Head Coach Scott Frost