LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

3 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Not sure if this is what Frost was talking about.  This kid is not an attention guy on twitter he is just trying to make the best decision

Do you really think he's sitting at home just waiting for an epiphany to hit him?

Naaa....he knows where he wants to go.  He's waiting to signing day for drama.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you really think he's sitting at home just waiting for an epiphany to hit him?

I also thinks Frost means in the long term he is not that interested in going after a bunch of kids who want to wait till signing day. For example- at the moment JJB, Washington and Palmer are announcing on signing day. What happens if all stiff us and we are caught with our pants down. The backups are only going to hold out for so long and signing day limits our options. IE Henry is probably gone now.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I also thinks Frost means in the long term he is not that interested in going after a bunch of kids who want to wait till signing day. For example- at the moment JJB, Washington and Palmer are announcing on signing day. What happens if all stiff us and we are caught with our pants down. The backups are only going to hold out for so long and signing day limits our options. IE Henry is probably gone now.

Precisely. 

This is exactly why I'm okay with only waiting on JJB.

We can take other guys now that are willing to commit to us. Fill the class.

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe.  Or, maybe he is waiting to see if tOSU misses out on their few remaining higher targets and a spot opens up for him there. 

35 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I'm not saying anything different.

Cant knock the kid for waiting in case he has that "perfect school" that could come around and so he just leaves the door open in case.

Of course we want all the guys to be 100% N but I would rather he be honest than commit only to leave if someone else comes around.

Everything I have heard indicates he is leaning our way, but he can have his signing day moment and then be ready to work when he comes in.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

"I love Nebraska"

- 17 CB's for Nebraska

"I hate Nebraska now that everyone knew I was gonna go there"

Hopefully this isn't actually the case.

If he is such a prima donna he is upset over Crystal Balls I think its safe to say that is not the culture Frost wants to build here. Not saying he is- but if that has anything to do with it. See Ya.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This may or may NOT be true. I forget who it was, but there was a commit we just recently got that said his head was telling him to go one way (I think it was Miss. St.) and his gut was telling him to go the other (Nebraska). He was truly torn right up to a couple of hours before announcing that he went with his gut. There are a LOT of different (and sometimes conflicting) factors that go into a young man's choice and it is probably the most momentous decision that he will make in his relatively young life. It is pure hubris to think you know what is going on in his head, his motivations, fears, desires, and decision-making process. To assume it is because he loves drama could be correct, but is more likely either you are projecting OR just imputing a wrong motive.

As a side point, I would like to say that it would be neat if one of Scott Frost's ingredients to restoring Top Tier success to the Cornhusker football program would be by restoring the New Jersey connection to the Huskers: New Jersey a Hotbed for Producing NU Greats
Would love to see JBB lead that restoration.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]