LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

17 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

I also read that and in addition, his size being a better fit for the 3 - 4 OLB instead of a 4 - 3 DE.  

This.  Osu not real big on waiting for kids to develop physically to get on the field.  At 205 would be tough to get him on field as a 43 DE until he puts some serious weight on.  

Kid will be a monster as a JOB.  With his frame and athleticism he could give teams fits

20 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

This.  Osu not real big on waiting for kids to develop physically to get on the field.  At 205 would be tough to get him on field as a 43 DE until he puts some serious weight on.  

Kid will be a monster as a JOB.  With his frame and athleticism he could give teams fits

That is not the case or else guys like Sam Hubbard or Darron Lee never go from undersized athletes out of HS to NFL players. They wanted to take these guys out of HS because they knew they had great potential. 

It looks like JJB is a better fit at Nebraska and OSU has other positions of need. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, jaws said:

That is not the case or else guys like Sam Hubbard or Darron Lee never go from undersized athletes out of HS to NFL players. They wanted to take these guys out of HS because they knew they had great potential. 

It looks like JJB is a better fit at Nebraska and OSU has other positions of need. 

Those are two examples but, traditionally, y'all are a lot like Oklahoma in the sense that you want to recruit the kids that are ready to play from day 1.

Let me rephrase that, everyone wants to recruit the kids that are ready to play from day 1, the likes of tOSU and OU are just more successful at doing so.

Edited by HuskerNBigD
  • Plus1 1

Excited, hope he signs (I think he will), he was high on my list from the start and when OSU came in I was worried we lost him, glad we didn't.  :) 

As for the OLB vs DE, I think if he really was interested in Ohio State they would have taken him and developed him into a DE.  Seeing as he had a good relationship with Frost and Co. and the chance of playing time this season, they were okay with him heading our way, besides, OSU is loaded and won't be missing him that badly.

3 hours ago, jaws said:

Those guys are also from the beginning of Urb's regime.  They kind of have their pick of the litter with guys these days. Hubbard was a 6'6 230 DE out of HS.  

51 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Those guys are also from the beginning of Urb's regime.  They kind of have their pick of the litter with guys these days. Hubbard was a 6'6 230 DE out of HS.  

A ND lacrosse commit that played safety in HS. :dunno  Even now they still take chances.

12 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Wiltfong just stopped by 247 set the record straight: OSU wanted this kid, bad. We just actually won out here. Wisky and A&M also really wanted involved. 

Feels good to have hope about outright winning these recruiting battles. I think a respectable record next year could make for a pretty amazing recruiting class. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Wiltfong just stopped by 247 set the record straight: OSU wanted this kid, bad. We just actually won out here. Wisky and A&M also really wanted involved. 

If that doesn’t husk your corn then idk what will.

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]