LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

• Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

I just think he's a much better fit in a 3-4 as an OLB rather than a 4-3 as a DE.  They're talking he needs to add 30-50 pounds to play DE at OSU.  If he added 10-20 pounds of muscle, with his skill set, he could have been a beast in a 3-4.  Oh well, maybe he'll do fine there.  I'm excited to see Tannor in that spot.

• Plus1 1

For me, winning this battle against OSU was bigger then winning the battle for Tannor against $EC schools.  So, this one hurts.

Still, we got a good player.  The rebuild would have been quicker with this guy.  Dude had a weird recruitment and in the end waffles on Frost & Company.

Moving on with Tannor.  Thankful.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

If he is basing his decision on Schiano that is foolishness.  Even if Schiano hangs around this year that will probably be it.  He aint hanging around there as an assistant for very long.

No kidding.  From what I read they thought JJB was a little light and woud be a RS candidate to bulk up to play a 4-3 end.  Cant blame a kid for wanting to play DL at oSU though.