LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Ohio State is a bigger brand than we are currently. They've had more recent success than we have by a long shot. That's all it comes down to. Give it time with Frost 

Didn't you hear meyer sent a snow storm to his town to delay his decision long enough to have a bagman bribe him into attending ohio state.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think the whole deal about going pro if you choose a certain school is over played. Either your good enough to go pro or your not. Most of the kids ohio state recruits are top notch players. Bosa did not go pro because ohio state made it happen. That dude was a stud and was going pro anywhere he went.

This is very true now. Kids don't hardly ever get missed anymore. You play at a school with 100 students in BFE but are an absolute beast, they will find you.

15 minutes ago, desertshox said:

given the players NU has put into the NFL at the 2 possible positions he'd play, i really dont see that as a reason.

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think the whole deal about going pro if you choose a certain school is over played. Either your good enough to go pro or your not. Most of the kids ohio state recruits are top notch players. Bosa did not go pro because ohio state made it happen. That dude was a stud and was going pro anywhere he went.

This was in McKewon's article:

"Ohio State has something special going on," Jean-Baptiste said when asked why he picked the Buckeyes. He added that the return of defensive coordinator Greg Schiano — who had been rumored to be headed to the New England Patriots — was "one of the main deciding factors" in his pick, as was OSU's penchant for developing NFL pass rushers. 

"I want to play at the next level," Jean-Baptiste said. "Ohio State has a good group of coaches." 

Take it for what it's worth, but this seems to have been a big part of his decision...

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Did anyone see Frost on ESPN 2? Mike Matya over on RSS said Frost seemed pissed and was dropping hints about dirty recruiting. Just wondering if anyone saw the interview? 

I saw it. It was a great interview. Guy asked Scott if he thought he'd bring in a lot of recruits on officials for the spring game, especially with it being sold out, and he said he would but still needs to  be careful on which kids come, because if recruiting has shown anything, it is that you could be surprised on the last day. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Decked said:

Was actually N this morning for about two hours. Called Frost and everything. Then flipped to OSU after Schiano was confirmed to stay per Sean C. Ouch. 

Would explain why Frost was pissed.  Also makes me feel a lot better we don't have him now.  You don't want that kind of poison on the team.  

Move on.  We lost the recruiting batte ... and now can build a team with those that are here.

My Brother in Law is a tOSU fan. He absolutely hates Urban and says many tOSU fans don't like him b/c he is not a good football coach or good in game coach which has been evident more than a few times in his history. I actually agree. He is a good snake oil salesman, but not a great coach. He is able to get in the Jimmy and Joes, and luckily has good assistant coaches to coach them up. I think tOSU should actually be much better than they are with the players they have and recruit. I think its actually a good thing Urban is at tOSU in the coaching sense.

Edited by C N Red

2 minutes ago, C N Red said:

My Brother in Law is a tOSU fan. He absolutely hates Urban and says many tOSU fans don't like him b/c he is not a good football coach or good in game coach which has been evident more than a few times in his history. I actually agree. He is a good snake oil salesman, but not a great coach. He is able to get in the Jimmy and Joes, and luckily has good assistant coaches to coach them up. I think tOSU should actually be much better than they are with the players they have and recruit. I think its actually a good thing Urban is at tOSU in the coaching sense.

Living in Ohio I hear the same things.  I think he has underperformed his talent.  Urb is a jerk.  And he really doesn't care what anybody thinks.

4 minutes ago, C N Red said:

He has some snake tendencies but saying he isn't a good coach is pretty silly to say the least 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

He has some snake tendencies but saying he isn't a good coach is pretty silly to say the least 

I don't know, I would say he has underperformed by quite a bit with the players he has at that place. Even Riley could have won with that talent. I would say he's a great recruiter, but I've thought for years he is only an average coach. I've seen him make horrible in game calls that have lost his teams games.  I know most would say he is a good coach, but I think he's highly, highly overrated.

Edited by C N Red
6 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I don't know, I would say he has underperformed by quite a bit with the players he has at that place. Even Riley could have won with that talent. I would say he's a great recruiter, but I've thought for years he is only an average coach. I've seen him make horrible in game calls that have lost his teams games.  I know most would say he is a good coach, but I think he's highly, highly overrated.

He has won everywhere he has been. Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, Ohio State. He's had some GREAT players, but I don't think that should diminish much. Saban gets everyone under the sun, but people think he's a genius 

• Plus1 3