Time to do our part

brophog

These are great sentiments but I have serious doubts about how long the unity lasts.  There will be big time bitching and moaning within a few games next fall.   Frost wil get the benefit of his popularity for a time no doubt unless he fails big time of course.  But his assistants and the players - not so much.  i agree we need the unity and foregiveness and forget and move on in order to give Frost time to get r done.  But I am quite uneasy about whether such unity will actually hang on long.  The debate will begin just as soon as recruiting and or coach hires are NOT what somebody likes.  Former players will come out with their criticisms as well.   

Go Huskers and let's all cheer for the Huskers, whomever it is that is out there coaching and or playing or sitting the bench.   Be patient as this is our last chance and we need that unity inorder to bring the best players we can possibly find to Lincoln.  Be supportive and avoid the bashing, atleast for 2 seasons.   

Its a complete rebuild yes. However, I think that we will see a vast improvement in "want to" as early as the spring game. 

My prediction is we will beat Wiscy as early as year two and therefore be in the mix for a shot at the conf. championship by then. 

I do think it may take up to 5 years to truly compete for the playoffs. But along the way I think the blowouts will be a relic of the "wilderness years".

Edited by TonyQuestions

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

These are great sentiments but I have serious doubts about how long the unity lasts.  There will be big time bitching and moaning within a few games next fall.   Frost wil get the benefit of his popularity for a time no doubt unless he fails big time of course.  But his assistants and the players - not so much.  i agree we need the unity and foregiveness and forget and move on in order to give Frost time to get r done.  But I am quite uneasy about whether such unity will actually hang on long.  The debate will begin just as soon as recruiting and or coach hires are NOT what somebody likes.  Former players will come out with their criticisms as well.   

Go Huskers and let's all cheer for the Huskers, whomever it is that is out there coaching and or playing or sitting the bench.   Be patient as this is our last chance and we need that unity inorder to bring the best players we can possibly find to Lincoln.  Be supportive and avoid the bashing, atleast for 2 seasons.   

Essentially, thats the problem of the internet. There have been, are, and will be disagreements. However, they can be fun discussions/arguments if they're kept at that level, and don't delve into personal attacks. Thats true whether or not we all like the coach or the team is winning.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, brophog said:

Hopefully this thread doesn't get as long as the last one I started. I don't start threads often, I think I know why now. ;)

Scott Frost made mention of the fans in his press conference and related videos he sent out. While there is a marketing aspect to that, and selling tickets and getting donations is part of his job, this was more speaking to the fans as a community. Lots of us have been around boards like this for 20 or more years, we've seen it, we've been a part of it, we know of what I'm eluding. There is a unity now that none of those other coaches had in our online communities.

In terms of our site here, it starts with the great moderators here. This was a hectic season and a difficult time to manage a community and I thought they did very well allowing things to happen without over-moderating and creating a bigger mess. We as this online community need to follow Scott's example and become a more unified community. That doesn't mean it's all rah rah, we are emotional people and this is an emotional game. However, when we look at some of the past struggles this program has had coming together, we as fans in an online community play our part, too. These games aren't interesting without fans, after all.

I guess what I'm saying is we, too, have a new, fresh opportunity as online connected Husker fans to create unified communities behind a single purpose. As this world becomes more and more connected via the internet, it's not just the fans in the stands that can have an impact on a game. Scott Frost wasn't just talking to his players today, he's talking to you and to me. Let's also do our part to get this thing turned around.

Well said!

36 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Nebraska is going to take their lumps. Just the way it is as they transition this team into an identity. But regardless if they stumble it's not gonna be for a lack of trying. Frost and his coaching staff are gonna give all theyve got and then some. I'm excited to see them evolve and grow as a team.

Something to note is how new the entire offense will be to the B1G. Don't be surprised if they win some games they shouldn't to start the year and lose one's they should win.