Any one heard if Strength coach fired yet?

6 minutes ago, Depressed Husker said:

I think you nailed it.. Riley did not know first thing about accountably.. he was concerned with being “friends” with players ..

that doesn’t work in organizational leadership.. especially with 18-22 year olds .. I never heard a former Osborne and McBride player at the time they playing call coach O or McBride their “friend” ...

and im persuaded the second part of problem is the players themselves.. they have not mad

dog, lunatics like Peters Brothers and Zach Weigert who were known to “push”  the team.. literally if needed.. we don’t have a man that steps up as THE alpha as says this is what we WILL do....we WILL hit folks and get back to de cleating opponents .. 

Benning made comments today about how the team reacted when the S&C staff changed things they did in the weight room.  He didn't go into a lot of specifics, but he mentioned how they focused less on bench pressing, more on higher reps, doing core work, switching workout partners, etc.  The two things that I took from his comments are this:

1.  The team needed to have trust in their coaches and S&C staff in order to buy-in to switching their S&C programs.  Without that trust, the players would have been like "this isn't going to work, let's not do this".

2.  The new workouts were pretty grueling, and the players really had to pump themselves up before going into the weight room and depend on their workout partners to make it through the workouts.  That brings up the point of accountability.

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It's also possible that part of the problem is that "Poor S&C" is an easy imaginary scapegoat to blame as inadequate under the old staff, and a good talking point for the new staff. It happens every single time you go through a coaching change. I've seen it happen on Huskerboard when Pelini, and Riley, and now Frost came in. 

I agree that it happens with every coaching change, but S&C is one of the first things to go when a coach starts to lose a team.  The work in the weight room is the hard thing to do.  Going to practice and doing film study is the easy thing to do.

...I’ve never played college football, however the theory and ideology  I was indoctrinated into during a career in US Army Special Forces is same in principle..it’s human nature to get and stay in ones “comfort zone” unless individual, key word individual, lights his own fire and breaks out of comfort zone..we trained to a professional fitness level in a sense, and working out properly, does absolutely affect ones mind also..the battleground is the mind and it will become calloused and made stronger through intense workouts..

..i first just look at Riley’s offensive linemen, just their bodies appearance clearly show laziness in most of them..the extremely high body fat % is a object example of that individuals lack of commitment to performance...they are sloppy, guys hanging down..it shows a lack of individual effort in gym..until Mr Frost can recruit Individuals who can motivate themselves and don’t require a coach to get them up and pushing the limits..the same same weak performance on line will continue..I foresee a some of these lazy lineman that started this year, either never step on field again, or they go other way and finally acquire a fire to do the pancaking instead of being pancaked...however if they don’t posses the “want to” by now, they never will have it..

This reflects a group of men who decided first in their mind they desire to dominate opposition, then actually put desire into action..Mike Reilly’s lineman generally lack all these virtues..

...I remember Zack Weigert stating that He and other linemen looked forward to Saturday’s...because it was “a break from practice..”...

3E380FEF-81CF-45DA-BACF-910FB1513951.jpeg

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Landlord said:

It's also possible that part of the problem is that "Poor S&C" is an easy imaginary scapegoat to blame as inadequate under the old staff, and a good talking point for the new staff. It happens every single time you go through a coaching change. I've seen it happen on Huskerboard when Pelini, and Riley, and now Frost came in. 

It's equally possible that it's not an imaginary scapegoat.

Once again, I am on board with Depressed Husker (hopefully can change his board name toHappy Husker now we have Frost). The physiques of our offensive lineman do not demonstrate lots of hours in the weight room. I am not talking bulging biceps. But, there is a certain shape and size to arms that powerlifters and athletes who lift heavy have. Photos of not only the arms, but the overall physiques i.e. chest size, back width, thigh size of our lineman demonstrate something is seriously lacking in our strength program. Look at the photo Depressed Husker posted of the Pipeline compared to photos of our veteran lineman and it will tell you all you need to know. And no, you don’t need steroids to develop this type of physique that has true explosive power ready to be forced upon your opponent.

2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

If this allows Philipp to learn the Duvall/New-NU ways (before he departs for another school's gig) then I'm all against it.

Philipp is actually a really good S&C coach.  Don't let the field results fool you.  The only thing i have heard and dont care for is if the players met certain lifting goals, they didnt have to come in as often.  This wasn't a Philipps decision but one from higher up.