Other QB prospects?

Not that I have a lot of confidence in the staff's ability to recruit a QB, but I'd like to see us go after Garcia, although we are not on his radar.

Stephen Garcia

Logan Gray

Matt Simms

Matt Lentz

And of course, there is this guy:

GJ Kinne

My guess is that we miss on all of them...

STFU

It fu*king June, get a grip. So far this staff has recruited a 4* kid out of Florida that UF, FSU, UM, and South Carolina all wanted. They also recruited an "unknown" QB from a JUCO that no ony knew anything about that has been pretty damn good for us. To go along with this they recruited a 4* last year that was all but in town before he was promised early playing time by the clown Prince.

Now you can pull your little piss and moan show all you want and can bitch to all the rest of the trolls under your bridge, but the fact is that people that freak out in JUNE over recruiting either don't understand recruiting at all or are just trying to find something to bitch about. My guess is you fit into both categories.

Seriously man, you need to STFU!

You keep mentioning that it's June Chuckd. Well your right, it is June and most QB's, more than any other position, has a decesion by JUNE. By June most highly sought after QB's have made a decision. Look at the QB prospects that have showed any interest at NU.....they've made a differant choice before or during JUNE. That's the issue.

You keep mentioning that it's June Chuckd. Well your right, it is June and most QB's, more than any other position, has a decesion by JUNE. By June most highly sought after QB's have made a decision. Look at the QB prospects that have showed any interest at NU.....they've made a differant choice before or during JUNE. That's the issue.

So what you are saying is that because most of the "rated" guys have committed, there is no way that we can get a quality QB in this class. So basically, the only QB's worth anything are ones that the recruiting services rate highly early in the process (remember, all the ratings aren't even out yet!!!!) and then he must really be good if he commits early.

Well, that's fine if you guys want to freak out, whatever floats your boat. I'm confident that come February we will have 2 or so very good qb prosepects signed in this class, but I guess that's just me being an optimist (apparently thats not as fun as being a pessimist)

If we still have no QB recruits in February, then I will certainly admit to being wrong and accept that this staff dropped the ball this year. Until that happens, I say STFU!

Oh course most of the people freaking out I'm sure also believe Beck will never amount to anything and thus, we should be freaking out even more. I'm also not in that camp, so again, to each their own.

Never, ever in my above post did I mention rated QB's. I mentioned most sought after QB's that obviously our staff was highly interested in are choosing during a period in which consistanly highly recruited QB's or even not so highly recruited QB's are deciding there schools: Mallett, Lee, Bates, Crow, Forcier, Munns, Corp, Russell -- get the picture? I could give two sh*ts about 5 stars and 4 stars or 8 stars. My issue is that it's June and one by one QB's that our staff is aggresively going after are choosing to go else were and at this point right now you cannot say there is one particular QB that you have a hunch will be a Husker or is highly intested in the Big Red. I agree it's not panic time....I do think it is alarming that this team is in a sitation in which they need....NEED to get a good QB that can be comfortable in this offense and NOW we are losing out to a middle of the pack PAC-10 school over a medicore JC QB.

Oh and please don't tell me or any other poster in an open forum were we can freely discuss Husker sports to STFU......

That only works with my wife and well she's in the other room so I and many of us will continue to express our opinion and not STFU, however much you disagree with it THANKS

No, your right. I should stand back and laugh every time we fail to land a recruit that I think is medicore. OR....I can express my opinion on the subject at hand which is my dissapointment in our recruiting of QB's this year. Hell I'll debate you on current players that I believe are medicore. But to answer your question since my previous statement is obviously gone from topic, I'll dicuss this new one. I care about every recruit that we lose out to because obviously the coaching staff saw something in this guy and since I am the poster boy of arm chair quaterbacks, I'll take there word for it.....

hello & excuse me for interrupting, but I can recall last yr at this time that 5 qb's who were top pro-style/top 20 qb prospects, who committed in or around june began to waver, & either reopened their recruitment, or decommitted from their verbal committment of univ:

mustain - reopened his recruitment after committing to ark, & began to communicate, &/or visit - nd, ala, tenn, & mia, before signing w/ ark

mcelroy - verballed to tt, & decommitted & then signed w/ ala

potts - verballed to tt, & then visited mich & bay, & then signed w/ tt

cade - verballed to lsu, & then visited ok st, & signed w/ ok st

freeman - verballed to NU, & then visited, & signed w/ ksu

& those are just the pro-style qb's - whims, & decommittments, & hs kids go hand & hand

p.s. yet, I would rather panic now then in jan - like last yr w/ freeman (am I right?)

Once the WCO starts clicking in September NU will get some serious looks. I've also mentioned Lentz, Simms, and Garcia as possible targets. Time will tell.

Maybe part of the issue is a lack of faith in Norvell. It's been suggested he is the Offensive Coordinator in name only. What track record does he have at developing QBs? Looking at his bio he did help the Iowa State juggernaut increase their passing production from 132.9 ypg in 1995 to 231.9 ypg in 1997. If he can prove he can consistently do the same for Nebraska then he'll garner the respect needed and the recruits will line up.

hello & excuse me for interrupting, but I can recall last yr at this time that 5 qb's who were top pro-style/top 20 qb prospects, who committed in or around june began to waver, & either reopened their recruitment, or decommitted from their verbal committment of univ:

mustain - reopened his recruitment after committing to ark, & began to communicate, &/or visit - nd, ala, tenn, & mia, before signing w/ ark

& those are just the pro-style qb's - whims, & decommittments, & hs kids go hand & hand

p.s. yet, I would rather panic now then in jan - like last yr w/ freeman (am I right?)

Salt on open wound but I was in the camp we should have taken Cates over Freeman last year. :steam

Isn't all this speculation fun? :lol:

Decommits are normal in the recruitng process, but I don't think I'm ready to believe that a de-committed QB prospect will be the answer to our prayers. What I am ready for is Sept. 2nd!!!!!

Hey again,

I just wanted to take an opportunity to put a word in on the QB situation. First of all, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned that we don't have a QB recruit yet, because I certainly am. However, I will not let anyone on this board question the recruiting skills of this coaching staff. These mofoaz went out after a 5-6 season and brought back a full stable of horses. Furthermore, I hope you've all noticed that we've received four solid (as possible) verbal commitments from other recruits who will probably come back with at least 3*when all is said and done. I will not say, "Everything will be fine," because that may not be the case. I would like to enlighten some of the potential Benards and Formers out there of a few things:

1. It is the middle of June.

2. The Elite QB academy is coming up.

3. So far as I know, Jarrett Lee (current LSU commit) will still be attending.

4. Our coaches have found "diamonds in the rough." The QB academy will be another proving ground for this

5. Shawn Sullivan, (NU commit) will be riding Jarrett Lee all season.

6. Our best recruiters are our players and our fans (and Coach Blake).

7. We have Coach Blake.

8. We ARE succeeding in Texas and California.

9. We have not played a down of football yet.

And Finally . . .

10. Mark my words, "If we beat USC in their house, and I do believe we will, that will mark the changing of the guard. Get ready O fans of weak spirit, for the recruiting floodgates will open, and the landscape of College Football will be lined with Corn."

Hey again,

I just wanted to take an opportunity to put a word in on the QB situation. First of all, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned that we don't have a QB recruit yet, because I certainly am. However, I will not let anyone on this board question the recruiting skills of this coaching staff. These mofoaz went out after a 5-6 season and brought back a full stable of horses. Furthermore, I hope you've all noticed that we've received four solid (as possible) verbal commitments from other recruits who will probably come back with at least 3*when all is said and done. I will not say, "Everything will be fine," because that may not be the case. I would like to enlighten some of the potential Benards and Formers out there of a few things:

1. It is the middle of June.

2. The Elite QB academy is coming up.

3. So far as I know, Jarrett Lee (current LSU commit) will still be attending.

4. Our coaches have found "diamonds in the rough." The QB academy will be another proving ground for this

5. Shawn Sullivan, (NU commit) will be riding Jarrett Lee all season.

6. Our best recruiters are our players and our fans (and Coach Blake).

7. We have Coach Blake.

8. We ARE succeeding in Texas and California.

9. We have not played a down of football yet.

And Finally . . .

10. Mark my words, "If we beat USC in their house, and I do believe we will, that will mark the changing of the guard. Get ready O fans of weak spirit, for the recruiting floodgates will open, and the landscape of College Football will be lined with Corn."

Great Post :clap

Now you can pull your little piss and moan show all you want and can bitch to all the rest of the trolls under your bridge, but the fact is that people that freak out in JUNE over recruiting either don't understand recruiting at all or are just trying to find something to bitch about.  My guess is you fit into both categories.

Seriously man, you need to STFU!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

LOL. At the risk of having our little discussion wiped from the thread, let me just say this:

I'm putting money on the table right now that we don't get any of the guys I listed.

If you haven't noticed, this is not like previous years, when you could count on at least a few top QBs were available in January. The well is running very dry, and if you haven't noticed, it takes a pretty good QB to learn this system and execute accordingly.

So I'm seeing us swing and miss at ALL of our targeted prospects. ALL of them. And there's a reason we target those guys, rather than others - because BC recognizes that the kid has the chops to play in his system. So yes, when we don't get those guys, I do get concerned. Because, even though according to you I may not know squat about recruiting (except, of course, that it generally helps to get the more talented recruits), I do know the most important position on the field is QB. Thus, I don't like the fact that the highest rated players at that position are dropping like flies.

Maybe Beck will come around (jury's out). Maybe we unearth some hidden gem (unlikely). Who knows? Meanwhile, we are still without a QB to challenge Beck in 2007.

And just for the record, Beck is the ONLY highly-rated QB BC has brought to Lincoln. We are now in his fourth year...

Now, excuse me whilst I go crawl under my bridge and join my fellow trolls. At least they don't have the North-end goalpost halfway up their arse...

We may not get a summer QB to lead the class but I believe that once the offense gets rolling and "if" it is hitting on all cylinders then my friend QBs will look at the possibilities. If all else fails we will get a JUCO. Remember NU is just starting to be recognized as a pro-style system. It will take a few seasons of consistency to win over the HS kids that recognize NU as a running program.

We do need to land 2 QBs this year in my humble opinion...give it a few weeks into september then panic