Other QB prospects?

hello, the next target & a pro-style qb, who is now gathering a lot of buzz (for schools who have missed on the top-tier p-s qb's) is:

patrick witt, wylie, tx, 6'4", 215, 4.95 he has recently garnered schollie from northern schools - wi, in, & pur, & southern schools - tt, a&m, & bay - NU could also sneak in on his kid w/ the others if they are willing

p.s. who said that the top qb's are pretty much taken, because their is a watch-&-see b/w 3:

tyrod taylor #2 d-t qb, hampton, va, who is uncommitted - vt & fl as his top 2

stephan garcia #5 d-t qb, tampa, fl, who is uncommitted - fl & sc as his top 2

matt lentz, 6'3", 205, 4.74, who is uncommitted - has many including NU, clem, sc, nd, ky, ga, & gt

rumor mill: the lentz situation is the most interesting, because if garcia goes to sc, & w/ smelley 4* coming in as a fr this yr, then sc is out - which seems like the most likely conclusion, because tebow 5* is at fl; plus, clem has a verbal from korn 5*; & ga & gt are in a battle over a wait-&-see there b/w two 4* uncommitted ga high-schoolers in nesbitt & newton - plus, ga signed stafford 5* last yr; nd signed 2 top qb's last yr, & have a verbal from claussen, this yr - therefore, lentz maybe looking at NU harder then most suspect!

thank you for your time,

hootin'

Now you can pull your little piss and moan show all you want and can bitch to all the rest of the trolls under your bridge, but the fact is that people that freak out in JUNE over recruiting either don't understand recruiting at all or are just trying to find something to bitch about.  My guess is you fit into both categories.

Seriously man, you need to STFU!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

LOL. At the risk of having our little discussion wiped from the thread, let me just say this:

I'm putting money on the table right now that we don't get any of the guys I listed.

If you haven't noticed, this is not like previous years, when you could count on at least a few top QBs were available in January. The well is running very dry, and if you haven't noticed, it takes a pretty good QB to learn this system and execute accordingly.

So I'm seeing us swing and miss at ALL of our targeted prospects. ALL of them. And there's a reason we target those guys, rather than others - because BC recognizes that the kid has the chops to play in his system. So yes, when we don't get those guys, I do get concerned. Because, even though according to you I may not know squat about recruiting (except, of course, that it generally helps to get the more talented recruits), I do know the most important position on the field is QB. Thus, I don't like the fact that the highest rated players at that position are dropping like flies.

Maybe Beck will come around (jury's out). Maybe we unearth some hidden gem (unlikely). Who knows? Meanwhile, we are still without a QB to challenge Beck in 2007.

And just for the record, Beck is the ONLY highly-rated QB BC has brought to Lincoln. We are now in his fourth year...

Now, excuse me whilst I go crawl under my bridge and join my fellow trolls. At least they don't have the North-end goalpost halfway up their arse...

Put the money on the table and we'll see what happens....

hello, here is another p-s qb, who's stock is now rising:

brock mansion, 6'5", 221, 4.75, plano, tx

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2436389

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...sp?pr_key=45133

also, lentz:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...sp?pr_key=47442

also, witt:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...sp?pr_key=52271

p.s. the bad thing is that a lot of the next tier pro-style or dual-threat hs qb's are either from the se or wc, & seem to want to stay closer to home

- the only top midwest qb's who are uncommitted are logan gray (mo), & chris smith (oh) - & NU has no shot at smith

Um also whats the huge freakin' deal

if we dont get a fruity tootie freakin' :star:star:star:star:star

as long as the guy fits the system thats all the WC is about

how great was Montanta? he fit the system

look at TT those guys never make the NFL they fit the system there.

i think our system is better than TT and will yield pro picks but the kid doesnt have to be the most publicized dude or have a QB lineage name...is he able to be taught and can he perform within the system is the major ?????

If you ask me...from looking at pics from the Academy, it looks like Stangel really needs to bulk up. He's kind of small and his arms are not that big. When I want a Qb for the WCO, I usually want a guy thats 6-2+ 200+...which is like a Taylor or a Beck that we have already. LaTravis Washington is one I really want us to get. He might be a project at QB, but he's big bodied and can play multiple positions.

It would be against NCAA rules for me to go plant a NU flag in his front yard right??

HE only lives about 3 miles from my house. Who'd a thunk it. I think any HS kid will thrive in the NU weight room and if he has the skills down should bulk up pretty well. Excluding Beau the beanpole. :)