JUCO LB Will Honas [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

67 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Honas commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Kansas State
    • Mississippi
    • Wisconsin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/23/2017 at 02:49 AM

33 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Believes he can play in either 4-3 or 3-4. Visit went well. Didn't talk much you the recruiting service guys. Signing Wednesday. I'm still thinking Iowa.

@Warrior10, since I have very little to base any opinion on ... what have your read, heard or sensed that has you and others "thinking Iowa".  Thanks for any insight.

Edited by BigRedN

From what I understand, we were late to the party.  We offered on 12/15.  Iowa offered on 12/8.  Kansas St. on 12/1.  I guess I'm wondering exactly how much more relationship is/was developed to trump us on that issue.  We have Ruud to offer at LB and look at all the hype on Frost & Co., thus, I just don't see Iowa with a big advantage on that issue.  

The guy is a religious guy.   What doesn't the Big Red bring in that area?  Or rather, what is at Iowa that trumps us there?  FCA and the whole program has as good on spiritual aspect as anywhere, IMHO.

Finally, in terms of opportunity, this guys steps in and plays ... plays real well as a matter of fact.  I suppose in my mind, even with him playing perhaps he senses he isn't playing for a winner as he comes aboard.  Perhaps he feels Iowa is where he has the best chance to win.

In any event, I will await with interests to hear his decision.  I think he would be an absolute stud here and have the better training for an NFL career here verses Iowa (and I know Iowa has a good track record at that position).

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@Warrior10, since I have very little to base any opinion on ... what have your read, heard or sensed that has you and others "thinking Iowa".  Thanks for any insight.

I know at least Kansas St recruited him some in HS, so they've had a relationship built. Not sure on Iowa in that case.

Coming into this weekend he very much preferred a 4-3 than a 3-4. We eased some of those concerns, but not enough imo. 

He's impressed by Iowa's Lb'er play as of late. Thinks they develop very well. 

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Did you watch the same Young I did this year? Barry was hit or miss. Last I heard Roberts was really struggling to adjust. There's a big need at ILB.

I think there is plenty of good tape on Young to show that he can be good with the right coaching/motivation. Obviously a lot of bad in there but to me a lot of it seemed like effort and alignment issues.  Id also give Roberts more than a single year under a dysfunctional staff to judge him. His high school tape shows a special player. 

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

From what I understand, we were late to the party.  We offered on 12/15.  Iowa offered on 12/8.  Kansas St. on 12/1.  I guess I'm wondering exactly how much more relationship is/was developed to trump us on that issue.  We have Ruud to offer at LB and look at all the hype on Frost & Co., thus, I just don't see Iowa with a big advantage on that issue.  

The guy is a religious guy.   What doesn't the Big Red bring in that area?  Or rather, what is at Iowa that trumps us there?  FCA and the whole program has as good on spiritual aspect as anywhere, IMHO.

Finally, in terms of opportunity, this guys steps in and plays ... plays real well as a matter of fact.  I suppose in my mind, even with him playing perhaps he senses he isn't playing for a winner as he comes aboard.  Perhaps he feels Iowa is where he has the best chance to win.

In any event, I will await with interests to hear his decision.  I think he would be an absolute stud here and have the better training for an NFL career here verses Iowa (and I know Iowa has a good track record at that position).

iowa has 3 9+ win seasons since 2005. wouldn't exactly say he has a better chance to win there. 

iowa has got the best of us lately because riley is an awful coach. not because they have a better program. pelini went 3-1 against iowa.

in terms of playing time, both teams probably have just as big of a need for him.

• Plus1 5

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO LB Will Honas [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic