Mavric

Player: Joshua Fleeks

Hometown: Cedar Hill, Texas

School: Cedar Hill

Position: Wide Receiver

Height: 6-0

Weight: 180

40 Time

Offers: Baylor, Georgia, Houston, Illinois, Iowa State, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oregon State, SMU, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #268 Overall; #47 WR; .9059; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #10 ABP; :star:star:star:star 
247: #91 WR; :star:star:star 
ESPN: #153 Overall; #23 WR; :star:star:star:star 

Hudl

• Mavric changed the title to WR/RB Joshua Fleeks [Baylor Commit]

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

Anyone else impressed with the caliber of athlete these guys are recruiting and securing visits on this late in the cycle?!

I expected them to go after a different class of athlete at NU vs UCF but the amount of visits they are getting in just a week or two is surprising.  We might even see some signees on the 20th and that would be a major coup. 

Just goes to show you what winning will do. They can say we are 12-0 with the #1 offense in the country.  That is way easier to sell than a "vision". Visions are all Riley ever had, but he was still able to get kids to visit. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I expected them to go after a different class of athlete at NU vs UCF but the amount of visits they are getting in just a week or two is surprising.  We might even see some signees on the 20th and that would be a major coup. 

Just goes to show you what winning will do. They can say we are 12-0 with the #1 offense in the country.  That is way easier to sell than a "vision". Visions are all Riley ever had, but he was still able to get kids to visit. 

For sure. I guess I am just use to years past where we fill the class with low 3 stars  with a new staff and limited time. I'm sure we will take some this cycle as well; however, it's nice to see them hit the ground running like this!

I read a story that once Frost got to UCF,  he went and looked up 200m track times for kids in Florida and then proceed to make offers to the ones that played football. 

If you go and look at the skill position kids he has been offering since taking this job,  almost all of them have great track times.

Fleeks ran a 21.8 in the 200m last year as a Jr.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I read a story that once Frost got to UCF,  he went and looked up 200m track times for kids in Florida and then proceed to make offers to the ones that played football. 

If you go and look at the skill position kids he has been offering since taking this job,  almost all of them have great track times.

Fleeks ran a 21.8 in the 200m last year as a Jr.

Speed killz.  If anyone on our football team wants to touch a football on offense they better run track, or be a D1 baseball player.  Look at the correlation of state champs and teams scoring points at the state track meet.  Fast track teams compete at a high level in football most of the time.  

My best friend is a DB coach at a decent sized college and he wont recruit kids if they are not sub 11.0 100 kids.  

16 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Speed killz.  If anyone on our football team wants to touch a football on offense they better run track, or be a D1 baseball player.  Look at the correlation of state champs and teams scoring points at the state track meet.  Fast track teams compete at a high level in football most of the time.  

My best friend is a DB coach at a decent sized college and he wont recruit kids if they are not sub 11.0 100 kids.  

I understand the track correlation, but what does being a D1 baseball player have to do with anything?

5 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'll be more impressed if they land them.  Riley could recruit a high caliber of athletes too and get them to visit even late in the cycle as well.  They just didn't pull the trigger.  Hopefully this staff can get them to.

Not exactly sure what swmo was saying but it could have to do with baseball and track season both being spring sports. If you are a D1 baseball player you are likely playing hs baseball and you won't be on the track team (maybe).

Edited by bugeater17
21 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I understand the track correlation, but what does being a D1 baseball player have to do with anything?

That would be a reason not to run track.  You would be a football/baseball kid and not a football/track kid. Your future would be in baseball.  Our baseball and Track seasons are in the Spring

Edited by swmohusker
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Joshua Fleeks [Baylor - Signed LOI]