JUCO RB Greg Bell [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bell commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 12:40 AM

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

Do junior college kids come here and fall off the edge of the world for a reason? Is it culture, lack of culture, suddenly becoming the little fish in the big pond? I'm happy he is finding success though.

JUCO players have always been a higher risk of not working out and the ratings are much more suspect.

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

IIRC, wasn't the knock on Greg Bell that he didn't take well to platooning with Scott Frost's other running backs, and quit at the first sign of adversity? 

That was part of it.  The other part I believe was his running style.  He doesn't have bad stats looking back but IIRC, there was a lot of groaning about him not being able to find the hole.

1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

That was part of it.  The other part I believe was his running style.  He doesn't have bad stats looking back but IIRC, there was a lot of groaning about him not being able to find the hole.

I also remember in his first game, he did find the hole a couple of times and broke into the open field...but then got chased down from behind.

• Plus1 1