Returning talent level

22 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

But are they already gassed on the first possession? And the 2nd possession? I could see getting tired in the 4th quarter, but our guys must have been gassed at the end of the tunnel walk. By the way, in 2009, the offense was pathetic, but the D held over and over. Imagine how great that D would have been with an offense that could get a few first downs.

There was several games where the run D was decent for half the game, I.E. Iowa, Wis., but when they got gassed they started giving up chunks.The pass D has sucked from play one, and I still say thats on Dickoh. They obviously would benefit from more talent and depth, but when the players don't believe in what they are doing, and the best players are not always on the field it won't work.

Think there is a lot of untapped potential on the team. All the 4 star offensive linemen, players not playing positions they should be playing. Bryant and Bradley are Solid play makers,Think Zig is short yardage back. Think Frost finds some how to get Mazour on the feild. Speilman,Morgan( if he stays), Lindsey, Mcquinty I think are really good receivers.

get guys in shape and avoid All the injuries, thru better conditioning.

• Plus1 1

I'm pretty excited because it appears that we're going to be installing an offense that is designed to rip apart defenses like Wisconsin.  I didn't think Ohio State's WRs were unbelievable but they can fly and Ohio State was able to put them in space where they put incredible pressure all the time on Wisconsin.  In watching UCF this year Frost's system appears to force the defense to be perfect on every single play otherwise it's a huge gain.  If Nebraska can get the QB situation figured out and the WRs all stick (Morgan, JD, Tyjon, McQuitty) plus we hang on to Moore and Browne they are going to be absolutely lethal on the outside.

Talent development can more than make up for any lack of talent we may have...I think we will begin to notice some players on the depth chart who were nobody before that start making an impact come game time.  Talent development will be key and I have a feeling that SF & Co are going to do very well at it.  This was a hallmark of TO/Tenopir/McBride etc.. and SF knows the drill.  If we can stay top 25 recruiting class (which we should) I think SF and his staff will be more than able to field B1G CCG teams year in and year out.  Occasionally make a splash in the CFP, possibly win it all.  Based on what I saw in the B1G CCG from Wiscy we will have no trouble dominating the West.  We got this...

• Plus1 1

I think talent is there developement has not been . One of Osborne’s best skills was  finding the “right” guys and getting the most out of them . He had walk ons, Nebraska farm boys , and low star prospects playing at a high level . Riley and company had much more physically gifted players,  playing below their capabilities IMO . I look for Frost to start getting the most out of the players we do have , and recruiting the “right” type of player again too.  

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, HIHusker said:

Talent development can more than make up for any lack of talent we may have...I think we will begin to notice some players on the depth chart who were nobody before that start making an impact come game time.  Talent development will be key and I have a feeling that SF & Co are going to do very well at it.  This was a hallmark of TO/Tenopir/McBride etc.. and SF knows the drill.  If we can stay top 25 recruiting class (which we should) I think SF and his staff will be more than able to field B1G CCG teams year in and year out.  Occasionally make a splash in the CFP, possibly win it all.  Based on what I saw in the B1G CCG from Wiscy we will have no trouble dominating the West.  We got this...

remember, Frost has a QB at UCF  from Wahoo, NE, who nobody even looked at!

• Plus1 3