JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

Where Will Woodyard Commit?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Woodyard Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Texas Tech
    • UCF
    • Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • Syracuse
    • Boise State

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

I know that some here really are against 3 star players, but is a guy that runs a 4.3 and 10.6, and #2 Juco WR good enough even tho he is only a 3 star???? This might be another reason that possibly the services don't always get it right.

Juco players' ratings tend to be built off of their original rating coming out of school, plus their offer sheets, as opposed to what they put on film. 

Is their rating adversely affected too by the fact that they don't have 4 years like a traditional recruit would? Three stars aren't doing this kid justice and that is just fine since most of us think he'll produce on the field. I think his teammate that is the RB we are after is in a similar boat as a low three star as well that doesn't seem to match film.

Edited by spurs1990

Just now, I.M. OLD said:

I had this discussion in another thread where a member thought we needed to get 4-5 star players to win and discounted 3 star players. I am trying to make the point that stars do not always matter.

It's probably a case of they matter when you are getting them and don't when you're not and need justification for a class still being good. In the end development is key either way. I think you do need some top end talent that can be the face of a class but athletes like this can be game changers and pieces needed for a program to make a jump.

• Plus1 1
Just now, spurs1990 said:

It's probably a case of they matter when you are getting them and don't when you're not and need justification for a class still being good. In the end development is key either way. I think you do need some top end talent that can be the face of a class but athletes like this can be game changers and pieces needed for a program to make a jump.

The services don't always catch the top end talent. Usually the 5 star guys are almost a sure thing if they stay out of trouble, but there are lots of 4  star busts.

Just now, I.M. OLD said:

The services don't always catch the top end talent. Usually the 5 star guys are almost a sure thing if they stay out of trouble, but there are lots of 4  star busts.

I completely agree. I don't think the difference between 3 and 4 stars is all that vast in a lot of cases and some of the ratings bumps are based on camps. 

I think the reason you stated is one of the reasons Woodyard's commitment is being celebrated. He's going to outplay that rating.

• Plus1 1

Something else for everyone to remember. Frost is going to be less concerned about stars and more about finding the right fit for his system. Which I REALLY like because we now have an identity to recruit to. He may go after low 80's 3 stars because they are fast as SH!T and they will service a purpose to run in space. They may be a little shorter or lighter in weight so many schools look over him, including recruiting services- but frosts system does not care if your big or tall. Speed, Speed, Speed. 

Just like how Nebraska would recruit guys no one else wanted when Osborne was here because it fit our system. So I care less about stars now that we have a system like this. Where Riley NEEDED guys with stars, height, size, speed, everything. But everyone else wanted those same guys. Example- would UCF runningback Killins do well at wisconsin? Hell no. But he is a difference maker in space in frost system. 

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

I had this discussion in another thread where a member thought we needed to get 4-5 star players to win and discounted 3 star players. I am trying to make the point that stars do not always matter.

And there are many reasons that star ratings coming out of high school aren't the final say in how well a kid plays in college.  For some the light finally goes on and their mind catches up to their physical skill.  For others their body matures or maybe they get serious about weight training for the first time.  The one day snap shot that rating services get to view a kid at a camp is often far from reality.  I'd much rather trust our coaches to see if the kid fits in their system.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

I don't care if I NEVER see another jet sweep in my life. Hip Hip.....

Especially from Wisconsin.

In all seriousness.  The Jet Sweep is a good play.  It's no different than any other pass play, run play, swing pass, option pitch...etc.  If it's set up well and executed well, it's a good play.  What we have seen from the Huskers, is just the opposite.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]