DT Bryson Williams [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

On 12/4/2017 at 5:13 AM, knapplc said:

Wow, if this is true, we never had a chance under the Riley era.  This is crazy talk.

That's becoming more and more apparent.

The remarkable thing to me is how we can have so much media presence around this program 24-7 and not one single reporter was able to figure out what was going on and report about it.  I sure hope what SF said in his press conference turns out to be true.   Sounded like he was advised by TO things were not right to succeed here until the Moose hiring and the more that comes out the more that looks to be the case.

Edited by LaunchCode

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

How could the previous staff underestimate this badly how important it is to have a good player from Nebraska? You take them even if you don't have a great need at the position, because they're not going to leave when they don't get the starting position, and they're more likely to put in 100% effort. They know what it's like to live here, so they're not going to get homesick and transfer. They're not gonna pull a Jamire Calvin and decide to go elsewhere the week of signing day.

A very good Nebraska recruit is more valuable than a great out of state recruit. We absolutely need great players from outside of Nebraska, but should NEVER pass up on a guy like this. I understand missing out on someone who has his heart set on another place (e.g. Scott Frost and Stanford) but this guy not having been offered is ridiculous. Statistics are important and all but if that's the reason Diaco didn't want this guy he was ignoring the other things that matter.

I think it goes to show how bad of an idea it is to have what amounts to a GM in college football.  There's no way Riley should have ever been overruled by anyone on a scholarship offer.

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Maybe. Alvarez is doing a good job of it in Madison.

Yeah but Alvarez is a former coach of the program he overlooks. The hire seemed good to me at the time, but Billy D was never a coach and has been more of a suit for the past 20 years in the nfl and a scout before that. His experience lies with information gathering and recommendations, not decision making and running a team. His GM experience in StL is something to forget about too. 

• Mavric changed the title to DT Bryson Williams [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]