DT Bryson Williams [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

Just now, Huskerzoo said:

I don't know how true this is. 

There's only so much you can do when your boss, the guy that officially gives the schollies says you gotta do something. I think the more details that come out, the more I buy into the idea that Riley was handcuffs. 

This is a discussion for another thread but I think there's plenty of examples that pretty much lead to this conclusion.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Wow, if this is true, we never had a chance under the Riley era.  This is crazy talk.

We never stood a chance, and it doesn't sound like Riley did. It's a shame. Obviously, things worked out in the end for us by getting Frost, but you have to wonder if things may have been a little different if Riley was forced to make decisions like this, and others that we've heard come out. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

We never stood a chance, and it doesn't sound like Riley did. It's a shame. Obviously, things worked out in the end for us by getting Frost, but you have to wonder if things may have been a little different if Riley was forced to make decisions like this, and others that we've heard come out. 

I agree, more and more is sounds like Billy D. and Diaco had  real crap show going and unfortunately  Riley didn't have the fortitude  to overcome it.

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

We never stood a chance, and it doesn't sound like Riley did. It's a shame. Obviously, things worked out in the end for us by getting Frost, but you have to wonder if things may have been a little different if Riley was allowed forced to make decisions like this, and others that we've heard come out. 

FIFY

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I don't know how true this is. 

There's only so much you can do when your boss, the guy that officially gives the schollies says you gotta do something. I think the more details that come out, the more I buy into the idea that Riley was handcuffs. 

I wonder if its what riley signed on for or if the power vacuum just got filled by others.  if thats what riley signed on for he has no one to blame.

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Wow, if this is true, we never had a chance under the Riley era.  This is crazy talk.

If this is true, then shame on Mike Riley. He was the head coach, at least that's what we were told. He should have final say. What an epic failure!

2 hours ago, mnhusker said:

I agree, more and more is sounds like Billy D. and Diaco had  real crap show going and unfortunately  Riley didn't have the fortitude  to overcome it.

Billy D was in the Rams front office when they were in St. Louis.  That should be all we need to know about his competence.  To see him go from one team I kinda cared about to a team I very much cared about was a heart breaker.  Get him out of there now!

If I remember right, the staff was not planning on taking more than the DT they already had committed.  That's a main reason why they passed on this kid.  The other DT is also a Nebraska kid.

Now, with the coaching changes, there might be more scholarships open up to where we can take more.

Does anyone know if he was planning on signing in December?

5 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Still 100% badger from whispers I’ve heard/seen.

big factor here, other than the late attention, is Bryson wasn’t born here and “grew up bleeding all things Huskers”.  Kids can do whatever they want and power to them.  But Frost, going forward,  wins just with this offer.

Mom and family are big Husker fans.  Mom is from GI.  I believe Huskers have always been part of his life.  He was born in Nebraska and moved to Rockford when he was young.  Problem is that he has seen himself at Wisky for a while.  Who knows?  

How could the previous staff underestimate this badly how important it is to have a good player from Nebraska? You take them even if you don't have a great need at the position, because they're not going to leave when they don't get the starting position, and they're more likely to put in 100% effort. They know what it's like to live here, so they're not going to get homesick and transfer. They're not gonna pull a Jamire Calvin and decide to go elsewhere the week of signing day.

A very good Nebraska recruit is more valuable than a great out of state recruit. We absolutely need great players from outside of Nebraska, but should NEVER pass up on a guy like this. I understand missing out on someone who has his heart set on another place (e.g. Scott Frost and Stanford) but this guy not having been offered is ridiculous. Statistics are important and all but if that's the reason Diaco didn't want this guy he was ignoring the other things that matter.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Bryson Williams [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]