After Honas

30 Minnesota / 206.05 / 26 commits / 2 4* / 24 3*

34 Iowa / 193.98 / 18 commits / 1 4* / 16 3*

37 Wisconsin / 191.72 / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

40 Nebraska / 187.06 / 14 commits / 4 4* / 10 3*

48 Purdue / 178.45 / 24 commits / 0 4* / 24 3*

51 Northwestern / 175.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

62 Illinois / 163.40 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

Also we are currently 23rd in terms of average star rankings per 247.  Thus if we continue to recruit the same caliber of players and get up to 20-plus commits, we should easily make the top 25 this season, and possibly the top 20 if we sign more than other schools.

Unless Wisc and Iowa are going to have classes above 22 commits - NU will pass both of them.  Minnesota will be close but only because we will sign 5+ less then them.  If our class size gets to 22 we pass them all. This also includes the small downgrade that JUCO players get - due to the fact that they don't have 4/5 years left.  I see the effect that these kids should have on the program over the next two years being a big upgrade over the other teams in the west (basing this on the assumption that other teams aren't taking 4+ juco's)

Edited by GBRFAN
21 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Talk radio in MN is pumpin sunshine on the Gophers recruiting, claiming they’re top 25, which they peaked at yesterday. They’re full and already gray shirted a local kid yesterday. They’ll end up around #40. Still a good class for them, but just funny to listen to how great things are going to be in Dinkytown. 

Every single one a early enrollee is pretty cool though

58 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Every single one a early enrollee is pretty cool though

Only 7 are early enrollees. It’s just that all signed on the early date, which is pretty awesome to now focus on the next class.

i root for them any time they’re not playing us. Just think with the entire class signed now, they can only move down. Good PR though right now. 

3 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Only 7 are early enrollees. It’s just that all signed on the early date, which is pretty awesome to now focus on the next class.

i root for them any time they’re not playing us. Just think with the entire class signed now, they can only move down. Good PR though right now. 

Ah, whoops.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Talk radio in MN is pumpin sunshine on the Gophers recruiting, claiming they’re top 25, which they peaked at yesterday. They’re full and already gray shirted a local kid yesterday. They’ll end up around #40. Still a good class for them, but just funny to listen to how great things are going to be in Dinkytown. 

No offense, but we were guilty of doing the same thing during the Pelini era. Anytime I tried to point out that the classes weren't as good as they were being hyped to be, I was labeled a Debbie Downer. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No offense, but we were guilty of doing the same thing during the Pelini era. Anytime I tried to point out that the classes weren't as good as they were being hyped to be, I was labeled a Debbie Downer. 

I agree. And the results prove you right.

my point was more about the premature labeling as a top 25 class. A lot of time to get bumped down. 

12 hours ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I agree. And the results prove you right.

my point was more about the premature labeling as a top 25 class. A lot of time to get bumped down. 

Yeah, it is interesting enough to visit their board and notice how not one of them is making even an off-hand disclaimer that being top 25 with a full class isn't likely to equate to having a top 25 in mid-February.  

Otherwise, whatever.  Good for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 3:39 PM, Red Five said:

After Honas

30 Minnesota / 206.05 / 26 commits / 2 4* / 24 3*

34 Iowa / 193.98 / 18 commits / 1 4* / 16 3*

37 Wisconsin / 191.72 / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

40 Nebraska / 187.06 / 14 commits / 4 4* / 10 3*

48 Purdue / 178.45 / 24 commits / 0 4* / 24 3*

51 Northwestern / 175.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

62 Illinois / 163.40 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

Up from 40 to 38 after a Greg Bell bump in rating and maybe a few others who already committed.

• Plus1 1

In addition to landing Williams, Wiltfong has put in the following CBs in the last 24 hours:

1.  John Jackson (WR)

2.  Daniel Carson

3.  Ta'Zhawn Henry

4.  Maurice Washington

5.  Cam'ron Jones

Those 5 additions would bring the 247 class score up to 215.46 which would put us at 22nd in the country with still a handful of spots to fill.  Not too shabby!