Poll: Who Starts at QB in 2018?

Poll: 2018 Starting QB  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a big, big fan of Tanner. I don't see him keeping the job if he stays. I would hope his people are strongly pushing for him to find a different situation as a grad transfer, just because I expect Frost will be eager to move to a different system. And Tanner needs to be in a place where he can develop his execution of a pro-style offense.

I really would like to see what Gebbia can bring to the table here. His spring game last season was pretty sweet. I think he in particular will thrive in Frost's system. 

Edited by zoogs

19 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Truth be told, pretty sure it was like a snap or two.  Not much, but he is completely clear to play football.  

After what he went through I am happy what he has been able to contribute to the team these 4 years, but he won't be in this QB race. I've heard he wants to go into coaching, hopefully he can chase that dream. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

I agree he needs to get bigger, but I don't think it's as huge a deal as many make it out to be.

McKenzie Milton: 5'11"  170 lbs

Tristan Gebbia: 6'3"  185 lbs

Granted, Gebbia will be taking harder hits in the B1G.

I understand people want to throw out height and weight, stats but according to my eyes, Milton looks a little thicker in the legs and is pretty shifty.  Gebbia is a string bean.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

I agree he needs to get bigger, but I don't think it's as huge a deal as many make it out to be.

McKenzie Milton: 5'11"  170 lbs

Tristan Gebbia: 6'3"  185 lbs

Granted, Gebbia will be taking harder hits in the B1G.

According to recruit gurus ......... (Rival, Scout, 247, etc)

McKenzie Milton: dual-threat QB

Tristan Gebbia: pro-style QB

Much different.

2 hours ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

I like Lee in some ways, but I don't think he gets it for three reasons. Maybe I'll be wrong:

1. After reading about and watching Frost's offense, I think the QB needs to be a threat to run. Lee just seems too slow to me.

2. QB is a position where confidence is huge. The best QBs just have that "it" factor. Russell Wilson is a great example. He overcomes his size and weak arm because he's just always in the moment. Go watch an interview with him. He's 100% engaged. When I see Lee being interviewed, he seems nervous, self-conscious, not engaged. That's how most people are, which is why the Russell Wilsons of the world stand out. Scott Frost had the "it" factor, and he identified it in McKenzie Milton down at UCF. He knows what to look for, and it sounds like Gebbia might have "it".

3. Lee is a combine / QB camp stud. He'll get drafted simply because he'll impress some scouts.

I agree with all of your points. I’m a little but sentimental. I just think as he is on the team and has been starting qb he at least deserves a chance. As Scott is a fair man, I believe he will give Tanner a look see then give him sound counsel if he doesn’t fit. If Tanner is smart he will do exactly what Scott says.