Assistants Announced

49 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Too conservative for Landlord 

I think the word you were looking for is Crazy, not conservative.

"He is purple — the gay-pride color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle — the gay pride symbol." –from a "Parents Alert" issued in Jerry Falwell's National Liberty Journal, warning that "Tinky Winky," a character on the popular PBS children's show, "Teletubbies," may be gay

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 7

Disregard anything Trump related, Liberty still hired Baylor's AD who covered up an entire culture of rape and sexual assault.

Anyways, is our staff now fully finalized? I haven't paid super close attention to all the details - are we still waiting on any actual position coaches or coordinators?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Disregard anything Trump related, Liberty still hired Baylor's AD who covered up an entire culture of rape and sexual assault.

Anyways, is our staff now fully finalized? I haven't paid super close attention to all the details - are we still waiting on any actual position coaches or coordinators?

Waiting on OC, WR, and TE coaches.

23 hours ago, Toe said:

This link is superb!  Coach McBride gave some really great insight.  

Coach McBride touched on Riley and his staff

• Not teaching the players basic fundamentals: run blocking, tackling, etc
  • Not teaching them hand placement, footwork, gap responsibility
  • How assistant coaches weren't allowed to coach
  • No individual periods for teaching

Those were the ones I remember after listening to the entire segment.  I can't believe that I think even less of the former coaches now, than I did before.  No wonder this team was so terrible.  Now, back to the thread.

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

This link is superb!  Coach McBride gave some really great insight.  

Coach McBride touched on Riley and his staff

• Not teaching the players basic fundamentals: run blocking, tackling, etc
  • Not teaching them hand placement, footwork, gap responsibility
  • How assistant coaches weren't allowed to coach
  • No individual periods for teaching

Those were the ones I remember after listening to the entire segment.  I can't believe that I think even less of the former coaches now, than I did before.  No wonder this team was so terrible.  Now, back to the thread.

It's interesting that he said all of these things because when I listened to him on Hail Varsity radio, he had nothing but great things to say about the team and the coaches.

Maybe the problem is more people connected to the program weren't more vocal about the ineptitude of the people in charge like Tommie Frazier and Jason Peter were.  I thought they were just crazy.  But it appears they were right far more than they were wrong.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's interesting that he said all of these things because when I listened to him on Hail Varsity radio, he had nothing but great things to say about the team and the coaches.

Maybe the problem is more people connected to the program weren't more vocal about the ineptitude of the people in charge like Tommie Frazier and Jason Peter were.  I thought they were just crazy.  But it appears they were right far more than they were wrong.

I think it's tough for coaches to criticize other coaches, especially while they are on the job.  Coaches are a tight fraternity, and they rarely criticize other coaches for doing things their own way.  McBride phrased things like "I asked Riley about certain things..." instead of "Riley and the staff should have been doing....".

The only reason I think McBride came out with his comments this week because one of his own (Parrella) got caught up in this fiasco of a coaching staff and he's looking out for Parrella's career in coaching.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 2