Assistants Announced

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If the reverse was happening 99% of Husker fans would be freaking the f#*k out.  

It’s pretty justifiable too. I just don’t think it’s fair to hold a grudge against Frost for leaving or his staff who decided on their own to follow him. It was nothing personal and the nature of the beast. #DABDA

As a Husker fan, Glad to hear that the defense’s struggle the final two weeks was more on lack of focus and preparation because of job distraction than on Chinander’s schemes and coaching. Beating two top 25 ranked programs by a touchdown in back to back weeks? In recent history, I’d take that any season. Heck I’ll start with just one top 25 win. 

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

If they want to win the bowl game and not get blown the eff out....they should WANT them to coach it.

I can't believe how fast everyone turned on Frost.  It's crazy how he went from great coach to Benedict Arnold...over what?  Recruits...players that aren't even at UCF yet.

Most Nebraska fans would be pissed if he went to Alabama and brought all the Nebraska recruits with him.  Hell, a lot of Nebraska fans were pissed that he went to Stanford to play instead of Nebraska.

6 hours ago, brophog said:

See it from the other side. Imagine if another school took our entire staff, targeted our recruits, and did it before one of the most high profile bowl games in school history. This forum would be a raging inferno.

Frost has handled this about as well as he could, but this is still a coaching change, they're messy by their very nature. People will naturally be upset.

Think of it like this. UCF can't wish and hope and plead to join the p5(b12) and on the flip side complain about how unfair the ruthlessness of the business is. Even Riley flipped some of his own recruits when he came here (Snyder). I would feel bad for them, but the fanbases irrationality just makes it all funny to me.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker2019 said:

Think of it like this. UCF can't wish and hope and plead to join the p5(b12) and on the flip side complain about how unfair the ruthlessness of the business is. Even Riley flipped some of his own recruits when he came here (Snyder). I would feel bad for them, but the fanbases irrationality just makes it all funny to me.

Nebraska fanbase would be just as irrational.  We all know Nebraska's fanbase would flip out a lot more if this happened to us.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Nebraska fanbase would be just as irrational.  We all know Nebraska's fanbase would flip out a lot more if this happened to us.

Itd be quite a different situation for a 12-0 coach to leave US compared to leaving UCF or any other g5. There'd have to be some serious s##t going down

• Plus1 1

There's no question we'd lose our heads, too. I wouldn't be among those who do, and I hope we can all cheer on these people -- players, coaches, etc -- in their pursuit of better opportunities. In the business of college athletics, players especially get a raw, heavily one-sided deal that does not favor them. [Your School Name Here] sports will be fine.

Frosts staff followed him here to Nebraska because of his leadership and integrity. His staff chose to come here. They were not forced and neither are any players who come. The staff got a promotion to the big leagues of NCAA football as well as any player who comes here.  I simply cannot understand why UCF fans don't recognise that!  The staff should be thanked and the fans need to move on. 

11 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Absolutely.  

There are 5 stages to grieving.  @ATS Knight is at the anger stage, and I don’t blame him.  I just think it’s cool that he’s a REAL Knights fan, and admittedly, I am a little bit, too.  The UCF players have a lot of heart, and personality.  I hope they can bounce back from this, and win a lot of games next year as well.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Red said:

Frosts staff followed him here to Nebraska because of his leadership and integrity. His staff chose to come here. They were not forced and neither are any players who come. The staff got a promotion to the big leagues of NCAA football as well as any player who comes here.  I simply cannot understand why UCF fans don't recognise that!  The staff should be thanked and the fans need to move on. 

Because they are reacting on pure emotion and apparently some of them don’t understand how promotions work. Bottom line, Frost “stole” nothing. He was offered a lot of money to coach a Big 10 program. It’s ridiculous to call him disloyal for offering a promotion to his staff. It’s a joke that UCF fans would be fine with him abandoning his coaching staff. Yeah screw those guys they work for you right? How dare they try and advance their careers?!  

Stop trying to rationalize anything with UCF fans at this point. They will never hear it. This is pure emotion on their part. Reason and logic have nothing to do with it

• Plus1 1