Assistants Announced

I feel like if Riley had come in here and took us to an undefeated season in 2 years and then left for like the NFL and took his whole staff I would have been pretty damn stoked. The new staff at any school usually doesn't keep more than 1 or 2 coaches anyway. I mean Frost didn't retain any of them from our previous staff correct? And as far as I can tell there is only one recruit we are seriously going after that is committed to UCF.  When Dan Mullen got the UF gig he offered most of the top recruits from Miss St.  

9 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

All three comments made me laugh out loud and made me realize why I shouldn't plan on leaving Huskerboard anytime soon.

You know you wanna be a husker fan. You wouldnt be asking about the history if you didnt. Once you go red you never go back. Take the leap my friend. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You know you wanna be a husker fan. You wouldnt be asking about the history if you didnt. Once you go red you never go back. Take the leap my friend. 

This is why I'm pissed. I'm trying to be both, but Frost isn't making it easy. 

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We love having you around! Like the Hulk Hogan avi :thumbs

I'm preparing for the inevitable heel turn...

50 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

This is why I'm pissed. I'm trying to be both, but Frost isn't making it easy. 

I'm preparing for the inevitable heel turn...

Its easier if you dont read the media narrative and actually use your own common sense. Which you seem like a smart guy. Beckton is going around twitter saying something happened but will take the high road.

14 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its easier if you dont read the media narrative and actually use your own common sense. Which you seem like a smart guy. Beckton is going around twitter saying something happened but will take the high road.

If the new coach alienates the most loyal, heart-and-soul of the program for the past 20 years, is that a good sign?

34 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Yep, just saw it. If Heupel is some dirtbag that mistreated the coaches and shows obvious potential of mistreating the recruits, Frost is justified in grabbing as many people as he likes.

Waiting for more details...

Is there any chance UCF refused to pay coaching bonuses to assistants for the bowl game?

Something strange is happening here.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

Welcome to the hell that UCF fans are going through. 

Frost: I love UCF. I'm so loyal to you, I'm just more loyal to Nebraska. 

UCF: We understand. That means that you'll be nicer than all those guys that callously used their programs as stepping stones?

Frost: Nope! I'll treat you much worse. 

UCF: Worse? I thought you had a special attachment...

Frost: I do!

UCF: But you're going to ravage our program worse than coaches that hated their last school?

Frost: Yup! Go Big Red!

I completely get it. As a Husker fan, I’m thrilled that our coach is a cold blooded warlock that is laser focused on getting this program on solid footing again.  I’m loving that he’s stepping on the neck of other programs to poach recruits and coaches. 

But...it is just that.  Cold blooded and all business.  There is a lot of talk about how special UCF is to him and how he wants only the best for the community and university. If I was a a UCF fan, I’d be afraid to open my news feed after this week.  I’d be asking ‘if we’re so special and dear to your heart, how about taking your foot off our windpipe ever so slightly??’  

I dont believe Frost is lying one bit about his adoration for UCF.  But I think he is absolutely 200% committed to NU at this point.  

One could argue that he could do things a bit differently, but I really don’t know how.  He could’ve waited until the end of the season to hear coaching offers...giving the cold shoulder to his good friend, longtime mentor, and alma mater.  He could have told all his coaches ‘love to have you and could double your salary...but I think you need to stay in Orlando so I don’t tarnish my image in the community’.  He could’ve told all recruits ‘I liked you when I was coaching at UCF, but now I’m big time so best of luck.’

You guys got screwed. Frost bitten big time.  I would be pissed. But he did what he did to help his new team.  He has a right to make those choices. And you definitely have the right to hate him for it. 

• Plus1 1