Assistants Announced

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...He could be OC at a P5 school trying to win the Big Ten and National Championship making probably $800,000.....or......stay at UCF with a new coach that he probably doesn't know making way less and no chance of winning an NC.

What am I missing?

Which is going to get him noticed more for future HC positions?

I thought he put his name in to be the UCF head coach.  Maybe I'm misinformed on that? 

If Walters wants to be a head coach, but no one is offering, then this is the time to split from Frost. People will keep saying it was all Frost’s offense until he goes and proves he can do it himself. You see this kind of thing all the time in the coaching ranks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes an OC job at a different P5 program if possible, probably one with a DC/HC.

Of course, I’d love to have him here if that’s what is in the cards.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Walters wants to stay at UCF.  Will get an interview when he gets back from the Broyles Award ceremony.  If that doesn't work out, he has an offer to come here.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Right, meaning Walters is out of the running and should be coming to Nebraska (unless I am mistaken and he was OK with being Heupel's OC?)

I'm responding to mavric's post stating that Walters wants to stay at UCF.

52 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Josh Heupel was just named HC at UCF

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Josh calls all of the plays as Scott did.  Heupel as been the OC for Mo and OU - I would be a bit surprised if he gives up play calling duties to Walters or anyone else.   I understand if Walters wants to be his own man and move to another program, but it would be nice to see him come here and keep the same momentum going wt SF. 

Did Walters have very much input into game planning at UCF or was that all Scott as well?

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

As much as I would like to see Walters here, it seems it is in his best interest to find a head coaching job somewhere, anywhere.  He seems ready now, and there is no better time to land a spot than when you are a Broyles award finalist.

He should apply for the Tennessee job.  I hear they are hiring.