Assistants Announced

16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Josh calls all of the plays as Scott did.  Heupel as been the OC for Mo and OU - I would be a bit surprised if he gives up play calling duties to Walters or anyone else.   I understand if Walters wants to be his own man and move to another program, but it would be nice to see him come here and keep the same momentum going wt SF. 

Did Walters have very much input into game planning at UCF or was that all Scott as well?

I don't know the answers to those questions.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Not sure I understand UCF’s HC choice here. Why hire an OC from another program when your current OC really wants the job and is coming off a 12-0 season. Walters would also probably have the best chance of keeping current commits etc. I don’t know enough about Heupel one way or the other but this seems like a strange hire.

The AD should know Walters pretty well, so this suggests he didn't think Walters was the best choice. Also, Walters didn't call the plays but Heupel did.

Just now, RedDenver said:

The AD should know Walters pretty well, so this suggests he didn't think Walters was the best choice. Also, Walters didn't call the plays but Heupel did.

Yeah obviously he is far more familiar with Walters then I am. I thought they may also figure that if they are successful again next year Walters would get poached whereas if Heupel is people would be inclined to say he did it with SF players etc. and take a more wait and see approach. 

Of course I have no idea what their thought process actually is. Just seems like a meh hire to me

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

None of the Riley assistants are sticking around.

Don't know about the support staff.  I would assume Kenny Wilhite will stick around.  No idea about the other guys.

Ok, thanks.  That's what I thought.  I was asking for a new poster who started the thread 'Staff' and only one person responded to his post.  I told him to come here.   I'm sure that the entire staff will slowly come into place and we'll know who they are after the first of the year?  (After the bowl games?)  I really hope Walters comes here but he may hold out for a Head Coaching job and you can't blame him. 

I really hope all the support people behind the scenes land on their feet specifically folks like McShane.  I thought they did a really, really nice job with Nebraska's social media presence and hope there is a way for some (if not all) of them to be able to stay on staff.  I know they don't make a tremendous amount of money and they darn sure don't get any 6 figure buyout packages to my knowledge.

Just now, ladyhawke said:

Ok, thanks.  That's what I thought.  I was asking for a new poster who started the thread 'Staff' and only one person responded to his post.  I told him to come here.   I'm sure that the entire staff will slowly come into place and we'll know who they are after the first of the year?  (After the bowl games?)  I really hope Walters comes here but he may hold out for a Head Coaching job and you can't blame him. 

All but 2 staff members have been hired, so I don't think things have been slow to come into place.  I think Frost has a couple guys (Walters & Lubick) in mind for the OC, but that might be a week before an official hiring is named.