Assistants Announced

Per 247, sounds like Walters will be coming. It's not a confirmed story though. WR Tommy Bush thought that's who Coach Austin told him. It's kind of odd, because he wasn't sure when they asked him who the WR coach was going to be, but when they said "Walters" he said, yeah I think that was the name he said.

Walters was supposed to meet with Heupel today about an open position with UCF though.

(FWIW, I do feel this would be a short term job for Walters at Nebraska, doesn't seem he wants to be a OC that doesn't get to call plays forever)

Edited by ScottyIce
4 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but the name being thrown around is Turner Gill for OC.

Would this upset the masses?

Perhaps with Walters coming in with 1 foot out the door already, it wouldn't be bad to go with Co-OC's

OC/TE Gill

OC/WR Walters

Edited by ScottyIce
  • Plus1 1

Just now, RedSavage said:

I agree but I haven't seen anyone else mentioned from Bama so idk who else that would be in reference to:dunno

Gotcha.  The only other one from Bama that has been thrown around was their DB coach.  But that obviously isn’t happening since we have Travis Fisher.