Playoffs robbed BIG West

SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC

Anyway, 8 B1G teams made it ..... WEST: Wisconson, NW, Purdue and Iowa .... where's Huskers?  EAST: OSU, Ped State, Michigan and Mich. State.  BTW, last year, 10.

Pinstripe:  Iowa vs. Boston College

Foster:  Purdue vs. Arizona

Holiday:  Spartans vs. Wazzou

Music:  NW vs. Kentucky (cat fight ;))

Cotton: tOSU vs. U$C

Fiesta: PSU vs. Washington

Orange: Wiskey vs. UThugs (home advantage)

Outback: Meechickens vs. Gamecocks

Edited by Hooked on Huskers

I think tOSU is the one that got robbed. Beat 3 teams that finished ranked higher than Bama's highest win including 2 top 10 teams.

Either way I would've like the committee to send a message to the SEC that it's not ok to be scheduling FCS teams in November similar to the message they sent to the B12 when they had no CCG.

You can say they had 2 losses but Auburn was going to get into the playoffs as the 2 seed as long as they won. 1 loss to the 2 seed Oklahoma and one to Iowa. The Iowa loss (albeit a blowout) was no worse than losing to Syracuse or Iowa State.

If being the conference champion doesn't matter then why leave out the B12 in 2015? If dominating below average opponents matters then why leave out UCF this year? 

• Plus1 1

The playoff selection shows the SEC bias...You don't go to your conference championship, you are put of the playoffs....End of discussion.  PAC 12 and B1G left out.  If not for the championship, Wisky has a 12-0 record.........Regardless of SOS, they did what they had to do. They won.

Give me  a break that a 3 loss MSU deserved to be ranked.  More bias to artificially strengthen Bama's schedule. Same with LSU.  They really had a murderers' row with their schedule.....And having two SEC teams in when you leave 2 conferences completely out is BS.  Why have the playoffs and risk injury to kids or losing to another highly ranked team and missing out.....

31 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm rendering a video right now just wasting time so I'm going to respond to this point by point :lol:

• "Nebraska has no chance, they don't play on grass. Frost would never choose Nebraska over Florida, Tennessee, Oregon, etc." - These are talking heads offering up opinions and have literally nothing to do with the College Football Playoff Selection Committee, or us being jobbed for bowls or championships.

• Florida State won the national championship in '93, and guess what? The refs put :01 back on the clock to give us a chance to win it with a very makeable 45 yard field goal, and we missed.

• Penn State got away with one in '82, but remember when they went undefeated in '94 and didn't get a championship?

• We were the better team, but we were lucky to get a share of the '97 national championship with the way things worked back then.

• Texas deserved the :01 put back on. That was the correct call.

• I can't comment on the lack of A&M's penalties, but most of our 16 penalties were holding or false start calls, and were legitimate. 

• I guess I'm kind of confused about who you're talking about in general. You're referencing referees, the Big XII, the Big 8, ESPN talking heads, the AP and Coaches poll voters, and others, and lumping them all together into some sort of big bad "them" who wants to keep Nebraska down?

Yeah, I'm kind of pooling multiple entities into a "them," - Nebraska has certainly not held it's own recently, but my perception has been Nebraska has always had to earn every inch of what we got on the field, in spite of outside forces rooting against, officiating against, or in the case of the Big 12, conspiring against NU, I admit this at the risk of sounding like I'm currently wearing a tinfoil hat haha. Nebraska, has rarely, if ever, gotten the "benefit of the doubt," as far as I recollect. That always seems to go to the media darlings. 

Still can't believe how teams that play against Nebraska nearly never get called for holding when we play them. - But that's another issue, and my bias is likely showing haha.

• Plus1 1

I know im in the minority;

but i believe the committee needs to put in the 4 best teams, regardless of whether or not they played in a ccg; and regardless of strength of schedule (to a degree; most P5 teams have a relatively tough schedule; of course some schools have it tougher; but not by an absolutely HUGE margin) 

No prob. Putting Bama in... Vegas has them as the odds of winning it all; and, in all honesty, the majority of us would probably put money on them over OSU, Wisc. USC, etc. if we were forced to bet (just my opinion, though).

i dont think anyone was “robbed,” considering the ultimate job of the committee is to get the 4 best teams in, and not necessarily reward confrence champs (although i do see the counter-argument regarding ccg needing to mean something)

• Plus1 3

Just now, Red_Payne said:

I know im in the minority;

but i believe the committee needs to put in the 4 best teams, regardless of whether or not they played in a ccg; and regardless of strength of schedule (to a degree; most P5 teams have a relatively tough schedule; of course some schools have it tougher; but not by an absolutely HUGE margin) 

No prob. Putting Bama in... Vegas has them as the odds of winning it all; and, in all honesty, the majority of us would probably put money on them over OSU, Wisc. USC, etc. if we were forced to bet (just my opinion, though).

i dont think anyone was “robbed,” considering the ultimate job of the committee is to get the 4 best teams in, and not necessarily reward confrence champs (although i do see the counter-argument regarding ccg needing to mean something)

I'm with you.  There are no guidelines for the committee to use, except for to select the 4 best teams in the country.

Now, I will say that the SEC does make it easier on their teams by only playing 8 conference games, and allowing games against FCS teams (and in November), and that the SEC is highly overrated this year.  I think there were 3 clear deserving teams, and the 4th team got murky.  Bama, Ohio State, USC and Wisconsin all had flaws and arguments why they shouldn't have made it, but that's what happens some years.

I don't think expanding to 8 teams is the right approach, unless they decide to go with the 5 Power 5 champions, the best G5 champion, and 2 Wildcards.  I could be talked into that approach.  I like the importance of the regular season to FBS college football, so I wouldn't want anything more than 8 teams.

22 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Like I said, when does a team like Wisconsin or Auburn start forfeiting conference championship games to ensure a spot in the Playoffs. Right now, there is nothing to gain and everything to lose.  

A team who hasn't won a conference championship only makes the playoff 12% of the time thus far. There is plenty to lose.

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Playoffs didn't rob anyone.  While the large majority were pulling for Wisconsin, I think its fair to say very few actually consider them to be a top 4 team.  Weak OOC schedule, relatively weak conference schedule, solid wins but no marquee win to hang their hat on.  Is it fair to Wisconsin to make that generalization?  No, probably not, but they controlled their destiny and didn't do their part.

It would have been nice to see a Big10 squad in the playoff but Michigan having a horrible year compared to what was expected and ohio state no showing against Iowa really only left Wiscnosin as the sole option and they didn't come through when it mattered 

Someone in the BIG or PAC was robbed. There is no excuse for two SEC teams, while excluding two P% conference champions. Wisconsin's wins were just as impressive as alabumers