A BOWL GAME TO WATCH AND CHEER FOR

TGHusker

We are all UCF Fans now.   I hope Scott's team surprises Auburn wt a dazing show of offense & enough D to defeat the Tigers and

point recruits towards Nebraska. 

I like Moos's comment below.  It is all positive.   (by the way should it be Moos's or Moos' - what the grammatically correct way??:dunno)

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/moos-sees-peach-bowl-as-a-marketing-commercial-for-nebraska

When Moos looks at this situation, he fully supports Frost and his coaching staff going to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl. If anything, Moos sees it as an opportunity to promote Nebraska.

“You can’t put a price tag on it,” Moos said. “It’s a three and a half hour marketing commercial for Nebraska football. Because that’s what those guys are going to be talking about, the announcers. They are going to be showing ‘Scott Frost in Nebraska’ and all of this. Then recruits are going to be watching that offense and go ‘boy, I could fit into that.’ I think for whatever small negatives there might be, there are tons more positives.”

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

“You can’t put a price tag on it,” Moos said. “It’s a three and a half hour marketing commercial for Nebraska football. Because that’s what those guys are going to be talking about, the announcers. They are going to be showing ‘Scott Frost in Nebraska’ and all of this. Then recruits are going to be watching that offense and go ‘boy, I could fit into that.’ I think for whatever small negatives there might be, there are tons more positives.”

Completely agree with this.  I have no problem with him coaching this game.

It's sort of a strange situation for UCF that I'm not sure how it's working out.

Frost has hired 8 guys off of that staff and they are out recruiting for Nebraska.

So.....who is back in Orlando prepping the team for the bowl game?  Who is going to be the coaches on the side lines?

This staff almost has to go back and coach that game once the dead period starts otherwise UCF is screwed.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's sort of a strange situation for UCF that I'm not sure how it's working out.

Frost has hired 8 guys off of that staff and they are out recruiting for Nebraska.

So.....who is back in Orlando prepping the team for the bowl game?  Who is going to be the coaches on the side lines?

This staff almost has to go back and coach that game once the dead period starts otherwise UCF is screwed.

Thats what they are going to do

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's exactly what the staff is going to do.  It's finals week at UCF this week, so there probably isn't a lot of practices going on.  There can be GA's and staffers who put the team through workouts and light bowl prep, and then Frost and the rest of the UCF guys go back to Orlando for bowl prep after the Dec. signing date.

Frost can recruit like a madman at Nebraska, along with his staff, until 12/18/17 when the Dead Period starts. Then he can go back to UCF and work with the team for two weeks until the bowl game, and he'll have a week after that to do more film study and evaluation, then he can pick up recruiting again on 1/11/18 when the Dead Period ends. 

• Plus1 3

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No. This is not Nebraska's bowl game. It can reflect well on us, but we are not going to a bowl game and we should not try to co-opt it from UCF. Let them enjoy their season.

Of course I didn't mean it literally. Yes, I can understand your point - I'll change the title.

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe the OC - Troy Walters is doing most of the prep work as the interim HC.  I wonder if he will be announced as our OC/TE or WR coach after the bowl game?  He of course has been suggested as the possible new UCF HC.    I'd like to see him come here to continue the continuity of how he and Scott have worked together with the O..   With the higher salary package, my hope is that Scott is able to have long serving assistance like Tom did. That goes a long way in developing a successful program.  Besides Walters, I'm not sure who might be considered HC material during the next 2 - 3 years. 

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Frost can recruit like a madman at Nebraska, along with his staff, until 12/18/17 when the Dead Period starts. Then he can go back to UCF and work with the team for two weeks until the bowl game, and he'll have a week after that to do more film study and evaluation, then he can pick up recruiting again on 1/11/18 when the Dead Period ends. 

I think this is all positive for NU.  Moos's comment notes the exposure we will get but not only that - it really says something about the unselfish nature of the action of allowing Frost to coach his former team.  I think that speaks loudly about our ethics and that too is a recruiting tool - aimed at parents.