Extremely impressed with the new staff on the recruiting trail

26 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Mississippi schools are basically the anti Nebraska. They have 7 conference championships between them, but Mississippi and its bordering states are ranked 6th, 8th, 11th, and 13th when it comes to # of college football recruits. And they just chant "SEC" whenever a recruit visits. A lot of people like to see Nebraska should be able to be top 10 and top 5 and completely ignore distance as a factor, when it is one of the most important factors there is. I think Nebraska's recruiting will improve but teenagers don't get excited when they think of moving to what they see as a corn field far away from what they know.

• Plus1 2

That offer counts list has a lot of schools who recently got new head coaches at the top, which makes sense as they're probably going through a lot of roster overhaul like we are. I'm curious about UCLA being second from the bottom, though - Chip Kelly was new this season as well. There's certainly some comparisons that can be drawn between us and them, with Frost being a former Kelly assistant and both getting off to a crappy start this year (they finished 3-9). Right now, their class is ranked #60, with just 12 commits. Anybody know what's going on there?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Mississippi schools are basically the anti Nebraska. They have 7 conference championships between them, but Mississippi and its bordering states are ranked 6th, 8th, 11th, and 13th when it comes to # of college football recruits. And they just chant "SEC" whenever a recruit visits. A lot of people like to see Nebraska should be able to be top 10 and top 5 and completely ignore distance as a factor, when it is one of the most important factors there is. I think Nebraska's recruiting will improve but teenagers don't get excited when they think of moving to what they see as a corn field far away from what they know.

Man, talk about about a buzz kill. Complacent, poor me attitude that brought our downfall as a program. Perception is reality and Frost won’t just whine about how recruits just see this as a cornfield bla bla bla. He’ll find an opportunity where others find a disadvantage and in turn make kids want to come to these “corn fields.” I’m not saying we’re not at a disadvantageous but saying something is factual based on yours or others negative perceptions isn’t productive and needs to stop.

26 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Man, talk about about a buzz kill.

Why is it a buzz kill? It's the reality, but it doesn't mean any of us should think Nebraska isn't going to get a lot better.

Complacent, poor me attitude that brought our downfall as a program.

This has nothing to do with my post.

Perception is reality and Frost won’t just whine about how recruits just see this as a cornfield bla bla bla.

Did someone say that Frost would whine about how recruits just see this as a cornfield bla bla bla?

He’ll find an opportunity where others find a disadvantage and in turn make kids want to come to these “corn fields.”

Ya, he's doing a good job at recruiting. I think we can win championships if we regularly get top 15 classes. Getting top 20-25 classes is a good start.

I’m not saying we’re not at a disadvantageous but saying something is factual based on yours or others negative perceptions

What are you talking about here? Many people outside of Nebraska think it's a bunch of cornfields. That is a fact. It's not my perception, it's outsiders' perceptions.

isn’t productive and needs to stop.

Why? This is a message board. Stating on this forum that our location is difficult to recruit due to perception or # of available recruits in the area does not have an effect on the recruiting class.

• Plus1 5
25 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why is it a buzz kill? It's the reality, but it doesn't mean any of us should think Nebraska isn't going to get a lot better.

This has nothing to do with my post.

Did someone say that Frost would whine about how recruits just see this as a cornfield bla bla bla?

Ya, he's doing a good job at recruiting. I think we can win championships if we regularly get top 15 classes. Getting top 20-25 classes is a good start.

What are you talking about here? Many people outside of Nebraska think it's a bunch of cornfields. That is a fact. It's not my perception, it's outsiders' perceptions.

Why? This is a message board. Stating on this forum that our location is difficult to recruit due to perception or # of available recruits in the area does not have an effect on the recruiting class.

Ok ok. You didn’t have to handle it all mature like. 

• Haha 4