Extremely impressed with the new staff on the recruiting trail

7 hours ago, Cornfed said:

Man, talk about about a buzz kill. Complacent, poor me attitude that brought our downfall as a program. Perception is reality and Frost won’t just whine about how recruits just see this as a cornfield bla bla bla. He’ll find an opportunity where others find a disadvantage and in turn make kids want to come to these “corn fields.” I’m not saying we’re not at a disadvantageous but saying something is factual based on yours or others negative perceptions isn’t productive and needs to stop.

I guess I'm not seeing how you took any of this from @Moiraine's post.

Nobody is whining about anything, but we hear Frost say the following all the time - they need to get kids on campus to make an impact and show them what they're about. That's not something Alabama or USC has to worry about but, because of perception, Nebraska does. They also need to get in front of them early which is part of the reason they're one of the top 5 schools in overall scholarship offers. All these things can be acknowledged and turned into an advantage.

At the end of the day, I believe this comes down to winning. If Nebraska manages to win a CCG in the next few years, I feel very confident in saying they'll be in a position to pull in a top 15 or top 10 class the following year. They may be able to do this even if they win 9-10 games.

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

What are you talking about here? Many people outside of Nebraska think it's a bunch of cornfields. That is a fact. It's not my perception, it's outsiders' perceptions.

To be fair.  Nebraska IS a bunch of cornfields.  Where the misconception lies is a lot of them think Lincoln and Omaha are a bunch of cornfields.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Mississippi schools are basically the anti Nebraska. They have 7 conference championships between them, but Mississippi and its bordering states are ranked 6th, 8th, 11th, and 13th when it comes to # of college football recruits. And they just chant "SEC" whenever a recruit visits. A lot of people like to see Nebraska should be able to be top 10 and top 5 and completely ignore distance as a factor, when it is one of the most important factors there is. I think Nebraska's recruiting will improve but teenagers don't get excited when they think of moving to what they see as a corn field far away from what they know.

They think its all cornfields until they get here. Our recruiting will improve drastically, just need to get those recruits to campus. Which Frost will. I'm on the side that location won't hurt us as much as other geographically-challenged schools. Luckily we have a blue-blood tradition on our side which will be enough to get them to campus. Add in the fact that we will have success on the field, which will get these top flight athletes to at least come to campus. They will realize it isn't memorial stadium in the middle of a giant cornfield. Frost will take care of the rest. 

Fully believe we can have top 10 classes, if not right on the fringe.