Extremely impressed with the new staff on the recruiting trail

On 1/26/2019 at 2:56 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Several years ago, my mother made some oatmeal for breakfast and grabbed cinnamon to sprinkle on top. As she sat down to take the first bite, she noticed something odd about the flavors of the oatmeal.

It turns out she had put cumin on the oatmeal instead. But, instead of dumping the oatmeal (like a rational person), she felt guilty for wasting so much food, so she ate the whole bowl.

She hasn't done it since and she admitted it was terrible.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Several years ago, my mother made some oatmeal for breakfast and grabbed cinnamon to sprinkle on top. As she sat down to take the first bite, she noticed something odd about the flavors of the oatmeal.

It turns out she had put cumin on the oatmeal instead. But, instead of dumping the oatmeal (like a rational person), she felt guilty for wasting so much food, so she ate the whole bowl.

Haha.  Good story.  It was an honest mistake!  I'm a big fan of cinnamon on either oatmeal or cream of wheat myself. :thumbs

Also kudos to your mom for still eating the entire bowl!

10 hours ago, Enhance said:

I put chili powder on my cinnamon toast.  My mother said, “good thing they put labels on the spices”.

McKewon: Why Scott Frost is wise to get Nebraska recruiting Texas again

Which is why the number of Nebraska offers going out in Texas over the last two weeks is notable. So is Scott Frost’s presence in Dallas on Wednesday. He may have been there to visit 2019 Dallas South Oak Cliff pass rusher Steven Parker, but Frost also made the rounds to several high schools in the area.

According to the 247Sports database, Nebraska has made 37 offers in Texas for the 2020 class. That's more than any other state. The Huskers are perhaps attempting their most aggressive reach into Texas since Pelini was head coach.

Every Husker ever recruited out of Texas list:

154 Huskers from Texas

• Plus1 1

Rivals: Which 2019 class is the most surprising?

FARRELL'S VIEW: NEBRASKA    
To me, it’s Nebraska checking in as a Top 15 class after a rough first season under Scott Frost. Many people don’t understand how hard it is for Nebraska to recruit because the Huskers don’t have much talent in their home state or in bordering states. That means they have to go on the road and pull top prospects out of other programs' back yards - and that’s not easy. So for Frost, whose team showed improvement throughout the season but still failed to make a bowl game, it is quite a challenge. And he’s risen to that challenge.

This is a big class. It has a very solid star ranking and there are some difference-makers on offense and defense such as Wandale Robinson, Noa Pola-Gates, Ty Robinson, Bryce Benhart, Nick Henrich and others. And only Henrich is an in-state commitment. For Nebraska to be in the national Top 15 in recruiting this close to the February Signing Day is very impressive, and the coaches deserve a lot of credit.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1