Jump to content

2018 Betting Props Are Out


Recommended Posts



52 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I would be inclined to take the points against MSU and Iowa and lay the points against Purdue and Minny.

 

I think I'd rather go moneyline when you can only get +1.5 (as not many games are decided by one point).  I was going to share the same about Troy, Danimal.  The Trojans had the 21st-best stats overall by my reckoning.

 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/29/16382818/neal-brown-troy-football-head-coach-lsu

Edited by beorach
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Enhance said:

+6.5 at Iowa seems unreasonably high to then compare it to a +1.5 at MSU. Otherwise, most of those seem pretty fair.

 

Some of the spreads are a bit surprising, but the overall win total seems about right to me, so I won't argue too much. I can honestly say I haven't paid a bit of attention to Colorado since we changed conferences. Anyone more familiar with them that can tell me why we're favored by 6.5?

Link to comment

I expect to be somewhat surprised next year as to how well a well coached team can play.  I think we will see a significant up tick in performance.  I like that SF is going after JUCOs to bring immediate help.   Here is my 8 win season prediction in bold.      MSU and Mich may be surprise wins when we factor in the SF touch.   Wisc and OSU due to their overall balance will be the most difficult to imagine as a surprise upset.  With Wisc loosing their long term starter at QB I see some hope there - but small amount  of hope as they are a well balanced team.

 

Akron:  -20.5

CU:  -6.5

Troy:  -14.5

Mich:  +10.5

Purdue:  -6.5

Wis:  -+13.5

NW:  +2.5

Minny:  -12.5

OSU:  +20.5

IL:  -21.5

MSU:  +1.5

Iowa:  +6.5

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, beorach said:

 

I think I'd rather go moneyline when you can only get +1.5 (as not many games are decided by one point).  I was going to share the same about Troy, Danimal.  The Trojans had the 21st-best stats overall by my reckoning.

 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/29/16382818/neal-brown-troy-football-head-coach-lsu

 

I agree with you on the ML piece, I was just going off what was listed by teach.  I wonder if there is some built in inflation on Troy on the off chance that Troy gets a new head coach.

Link to comment

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

 

I agree with you on the ML piece, I was just going off what was listed by teach.  I wonder if there is some built in inflation on Troy on the off chance that Troy gets a new head coach.

 

I was 'googling' for the same reason (wondering if he was going to be snapped up).  I wouldn't mind it for our sake and then I have a friend who went to Jacksonville State also.  Their rival is Troy.

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

 

Some of the spreads are a bit surprising, but the overall win total seems about right to me, so I won't argue too much. I can honestly say I haven't paid a bit of attention to Colorado since we changed conferences. Anyone more familiar with them that can tell me why we're favored by 6.5?

 

Home game for Nebraska + 'rivalry spot'=3-4  points

CU loses their best offensive player by far (Lindsay who was a lot of fun to watch)=1 point

Coaching advantage=1.5 points

 

That's an admittedly really simplistic way of looking at it but at least gives some insight as to why NU is favored.  There are also a ton of other factors (NU should get a bump w/ Frost, CU has been trending down since Leavitt left as DC, etc).

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

 

Home game for Nebraska + 'rivalry spot'=3-4  points

CU loses their best offensive player by far (Lindsay who was a lot of fun to watch)=1 point

Coaching advantage=1.5 points

 

That's an admittedly really simplistic way of looking at it but at least gives some insight as to why NU is favored.  There are also a ton of other factors (NU should get a bump w/ Frost, CU has been trending down since Leavitt left as DC, etc).

 

Yeah, CU had that nice year with 10 wins (I think) and I think it was just one of those years...where everything came togehter

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, beorach said:

 

I was 'googling' for the same reason (wondering if he was going to be snapped up).  I wouldn't mind it for our sake and then I have a friend who went to Jacksonville State also.  Their rival is Troy.

 

Agreed.  I think Neal Brown is a really good coach.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...