2018 Betting Props Are Out

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, CU had that nice year with 10 wins (I think) and I think it was just one of those years...where everything came togehter

Agreed.  CU was really balanced that year on offense.  RB had 1600 yards from scrimmage, 2 WRs had over 700 yards receiving and QB threw for 2k+ and ran for 600 plus they had +7 TO margin.

3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Agreed.  CU was really balanced that year on offense.  RB had 1600 yards from scrimmage, 2 WRs had over 700 yards receiving and QB threw for 2k+ and ran for 600 plus they had +7 TO margin.

Jim Leavitt was the key to CU that year.  Yes, the offense was really good with an experienced QB and other positions, but their defense was much better than they had been in the past.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Jim Leavitt was the key to CU that year.  Yes, the offense was really good with an experienced QB and other positions, but their defense was much better than they had been in the past.

Yup, CU had an almost 1 yard per play average over their opponent which is a pretty solid advantage.  Leavitt did a really nice job out there and it's no surprise that after he left for Oregon they started to slide.

• Plus1 1

12-0!

JK guys:

Akron:  W

CU:  W

Troy:  W

Mich:  L

Purdue:  W

Wis:  L

NW:  Toss up

Minny:  W

OSU:  L

IL:  W

MSU:  Toss up

Iowa:  Toss up

I could see anything from 6-6 up to 9-3. I think we can win the three toss up games though, but that could just be the hype talking.

• Plus1 1

Next year is gonna be a tough year.  I'll be happy with 6-6, elated to go 7-5.  I expect to win 4-5 games.   That is realistic.  I hope to be in almost every game.  No blowouts would be nice ... but the whole system and mindset at Nebraska has been off for 15+ years.  I will not put Frosty into a "no-win" situation with really high expectations.

All this is gonna take time.  We could certainly have a good year record wise.  I'll settle for a mindset shift and improvement on fundamental attitudes.

• Plus1 2

8-4 or 9-3.  This year was a fluke by a completely inept coaching staff.  Realistically even if we just had Banker still we would have been 8-4.  We wouldn't have lost to NIU, NW, MN, and either OR or IA.  They keep talking this as a rebuild, which is good because it takes some expectations and pressures off, but we still have more than enough talent to continually win at least 8-9 and it's not a rebuild.  We came off a 9 win season the year before.  I think we will be 8-4 next year with losses to OSU, Wisky, Michigan, and either MSU or Iowa.  After next year look for us to regain control of the west.  

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I think we are a much better team at the end of the year than the beginning. It will take a while for for the players to learn the new system.  Because of this, I am concerned about colorado. I think we roll Purdue, Northwestern, Minny, Illinois, Sparty and Iowa.

Totally agree with this. I think we lose a game early that we feel we shouldn't just because of learning the new systems. THEN as the end of the year approaches I think we almost  win a game that according to the "experts" we shouldn't (OSU) and then we finish the year on a tear beating Illinois and MSU badly and then winning a dog fight against Iowa, we get in a decent bowl game with an 7-5 or 8-4 record and we wallop whoever we play in the bowl game. 

We will see a team that buys in more and more each week,  a team that loves their coaches and each other, a team that competes against the best like we haven't seen for sometime! 

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

8-4 or 9-3.  This year was a fluke by a completely inept coaching staff.  Realistically even if we just had Banker still we would have been 8-4.  We wouldn't have lost to NIU, NW, MN, and either OR or IA.  They keep talking this as a rebuild, which is good because it takes some expectations and pressures off, but we still have more than enough talent to continually win at least 8-9 and it's not a rebuild.  We came off a 9 win season the year before.  I think we will be 8-4 next year with losses to OSU, Wisky, Michigan, and either MSU or Iowa.  After next year look for us to regain control of the west.  

I can't go with fluke.  Vegas had the Nebraska win total at 6-6.5 before the season and Nebraska still failed to sniff that.   Nebraska had a brand new QB and lost the majority of it's offensive skill players so I guess I wasn't shocked to see a struggle this year.  The good news is for the folks thinking Nebraska will win 8+ is the win total will probably be in the 6-6.5 range again so start saving up your bucks and load up on the Skers win win totals get released next summer!

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

These just got listed on my site:

Win total:  6.5

Games:  Bolded games are games where NU is favored.  

Akron:  -20.5

CU:  -6.5

Troy:  -14.5

Mich:  +10.5

Purdue:  -6.5

Wis:  -+13.5

NW:  +2.5

Minny:  -12.5

OSU:  +20.5

IL:  -21.5

MSU:  +1.5

Iowa:  +6.5

I will take the over on that. I think we win the bold and take 2 out of three against MSU, Iowa and NW