2018 Betting Props Are Out

10 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I will take the over on that. I think we win the bold and take 2 out of three against MSU, Iowa and NW

NU will take at least one of those games, and I also like NU to win two of them.  I especially like NU's chances against MSU and Iowa, as those games are at the end of the season and the team will have been coached by Frost for an entire season.

28 minutes ago, Truth in Ruin said:

I can see it now...

first year 6-7

second year 12-0

Wait, so you're predicting Scott Frost to go undefeated in year two, but then not play in a bowl game or the B1G Championship game? Because you have us playing 13 total games in year one, so...

qs6WyCh8NV4Yl_dUFO7O50XUx134X7aoYY3t-O6N

• Plus1 1

Remember when we laughed at the number of games we were predicted to win last year?  Me too.  I'm not about to say we go 7-5.  We could easily go 4-8 again......This team has a lot of growing and changing to do between now and Sept 2018....I said I'm all N on Frost and I am.  To temper that, I'm trying to be incredibly realistic this off season.  

New staff, new offensive scheme, trying to instill a new culture, accountability, discipline, physicality etc.......Yep, I'm keeping grounded...

Not saying others aren't also guarded, but I called BS on the 6 win predictions last year and now I wish we could've gotten there.....

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 2

This is pretty close to correct, in my book.  Looking at the schedule, it would be a mistake to book NU at more than 6.5 wins, especially first year with new staff.   Hope for the moon and stars, but prepare for about 6 wins first year.  Year two should see major improvement.

It is like Collin Cowherd says: college football fans are delusional.  It is true.  We think our team is going to win more than what is reasonable.  

I got tired of trying to explain to folks last year that this was not a 10 win season for Nebraska and will not re-hash that again.  It is kind of like a litmus test for insanity.  Either you see it or you don't.  First years are difficult for teams with whole new staffs.  It takes time for a staff and a team to come together to be really good.  Sometimes it takes a whole year.  

For Pete's sake :  Don't get mad at Scott Frost if he has a 6 win first year.  That is normal.  It is a process.  Year 2 will be much better and the schedule looks better right now too.  

Edited by dvdcrr
  • Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

This is pretty close to correct, in my book.  Looking at the schedule, it would be a mistake to book NU at more than 6.5 wins, especially first year with new staff.   Hope for the moon and stars, but prepare for about 6 wins first year.  Year two should see major improvement.

It is like Collin Cowherd says: college football fans are delusional.  It is true.  We think our team is going to win more than what is reasonable.  

I got tired of trying to explain to folks last year that this was not a 10 win season for Nebraska and will not re-hash that again.  It is kind of like a litmus test for insanity.  Either you see it or you don't.  First years are difficult for teams with whole new staffs.  It takes time for a staff and a team to come together to be really good.  Sometimes it takes a whole year.  

For Pete's sake :  Don't get mad at Scott Frost if he has a 6 win first year.  That is normal.  It is a process.  Year 2 will be much better and the schedule looks better right now too.  

Super fans are hard.  You understand at first the expectation, but then you want to win so bad that suddenly you are expecting to win and when that doesn't happen, things go south.

We as a fan base need to work exceptionally hard to offset this in the next few years to truly not let this thing go under, even if things aren't all peaches and cream.

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get what you guys are saying but is it really delusional to think you will beat Purdue and NW and Minny?  Is it crazy to think that you will beat Iowa and NIU?

Oh well, regardless...I feel like we have a great coach now.

I don't think it's delusional or crazy, but when was the last time we actually beat all those teams in one season?