Jump to content

2018 Betting Props Are Out


Recommended Posts


20 hours ago, Whistlebritches said:

My initial reaction is 7 wins but I wouldn't put any money down until we find out who is going to play QB.

 

 

Who is the QB next year won't have a tremendous impact on next year's wins, though it would on Year 2's wins. It is important to have someone, even a freshman, come out of spring ball as the guy. Year 1 will be a learning curve, regardless, but I still expect we will see better in year 1 than any year of Langs. 

 

The general case in rags to riches stories, even UCFs, is immediate defensive improvement. You don't have to improve much to cut gains down significantly. We will be much better on that side of the ball than the current narrative suggests. This time last year, it was UCFs defense that was seen as a big strength and its offense was considered weak. Very common in year 1.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
On 12/5/2017 at 7:34 AM, teachercd said:

These just got listed on my site:

 

Win total:  6.5

 

Games:  Bolded games are games where NU is favored.  

 

Akron:  -20.5

CU:  -6.5

Troy:  -14.5

Mich:  +10.5

Purdue:  -6.5

Wis:  -+13.5

NW:  +2.5

Minny:  -12.5

OSU:  +20.5

IL:  -21.5

MSU:  +1.5

Iowa:  +6.5

 

So favored in six games plus two small dogs.  I'd say that's about right.  Somewhere between six and eight wins should be the expectation.  I'm not going to be surprised if we get Iowa or even Wiscy either.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

That’s seems about right . I could see wins against NW and Iowa too. After the Northern Illinois debacle,  I think Riley lost the team, and things spiraled downward out of control, so it’s hard to use last year as a measuring stick . I don’t see that kind of collapse happening under Frost and his staff ever . 

Edited by Big Red 40
Link to comment
On 12/5/2017 at 3:08 PM, JimmyBuckets said:

I think a homerun threat running back will be important as well. If Stanley sticks around I think we have enough at WR with Spielman and Lindsey.

 

Our current RBs won’t cut it I think

The new staff will probably grab a RB in this class too , I think they’ve offered a couple already . A Healthy Tre Bryant is a very good back and I think Jaylin Bradley can be a big contributor too . Hes Nebraska kid, who as a freshman,  behind a pourous O-line showed some flashes of what he can do . I think Frost and crew will find a role for him . 

Edited by Big Red 40
Link to comment

We're going 12-0 next season.  Okay, maybe (probably) not. 

 

The biggest "re-build" that Coach Frost and his coaches will have to do is fix what's between the players ears.  With the previous staff, they grew comfortable with losing, being soft, no accountability, etc.  Those are mental issues moreso than physical.  How long will it take to fix the player's mentality?  That's the real question to which no one really knows the answer to.

 

As to the gambling lines...:dunno

 

 

Edited by Making Chimichangas
  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, brophog said:

 

 

Who is the QB next year won't have a tremendous impact on next year's wins, though it would on Year 2's wins. It is important to have someone, even a freshman, come out of spring ball as the guy. Year 1 will be a learning curve, regardless, but I still expect we will see better in year 1 than any year of Langs. 

 

The general case in rags to riches stories, even UCFs, is immediate defensive improvement. You don't have to improve much to cut gains down significantly. We will be much better on that side of the ball than the current narrative suggests. This time last year, it was UCFs defense that was seen as a big strength and its offense was considered weak. Very common in year 1.

To add to what you're saying, I heard/read somewhere this week that Frost didn't get his whole offense installed until the end of his second spring at UCF.

Link to comment
On 12/5/2017 at 8:34 AM, teachercd said:

These just got listed on my site:

 

Win total:  6.5

 

Games:  Bolded games are games where NU is favored.  

 

Akron:  -20.5

CU:  -6.5

Troy:  -14.5

Mich:  +10.5

Purdue:  -6.5

Wis:  -+13.5

NW:  +2.5

Minny:  -12.5

OSU:  +20.5

IL:  -21.5

MSU:  +1.5

Iowa:  +6.5

 

 

 

 

 

Which site is this? 

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

We're going 12-0 next season.  Okay, maybe (probably) not. 

 

The biggest "re-build" that Coach Frost and his coaches will have to do is fix what's between the players ears.  With the previous staff, they grew comfortable with losing, being soft, no accountability, etc.  Those are mental issues moreso than physical.  How long will it take to fix the player's mentality?  That's the real question to which no one really knows the answer to.

 

As to the gambling lines...:dunno

 

 

 

To the bolded, not long.  The players where it takes very long won't be playing.  They may not even be on the team.  Suh looked rather mediocre prior to Bo.  He became a beast after being coached by Bo.  While I don't know whether we have quite that caliber of player(s) on the team, I do expect to see that sort of leap from some of the current players.  The days of coasting on talent alone are over.  The days of playing hesitant are over.  Most of the current players will welcome the change while some will not.  Our roster heading into 2018 has to be determined before wins and losses should be gambled on.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...