Oregon Looking Open

MKMScat20

My guess is Sumlin.  He's like the only one left out there.  I thought Sumlin would be ASU but Herm Edwards was a headscratcher.  Sumlin to Oregon is my guess.  Oregon is trending down IMO.  They just saw Chip Kelly go to another Pac 12 competitor.  Frost is now the hero in Nebraska.  And Taggart was unforeseen that he would leave...FSU only fell into his lap recently.  I don't think Taggart is nearly as good as Kelly or Frost.  All the musical chairs has left Oregon on the outside.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

My guess is Sumlin.  He's like the only one left out there.  I thought Sumlin would be ASU but Herm Edwards was a headscratcher.  Sumlin to Oregon is my guess.  Oregon is trending down IMO.  They just saw Chip Kelly go to another Pac 12 competitor.  Frost is now the hero in Nebraska.  And Taggart was unforeseen that he would leave...FSU only fell into his lap recently.  I don't think Taggart is nearly as good as Kelly or Frost.  All the musical chairs has left Oregon on the outside.  

It's been alleged that Sumlin slow-played UCF in hopes that Oregon would open-up and Danny White said screw-him, went with Heupel. The ASU deal is just weird. They are paying Graham a ton not to coach so Herm can come out of retirement to be a figurehead. The way the AD and Herm's agent talk about the deal it sounds like they're selling a multilevel marketing scheme.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

It's been alleged that Sumlin slow-played UCF in hopes that Oregon would open-up and Danny White said screw-him, went with Heupel. The ASU deal is just weird. They are paying Graham a ton not to coach so Herm can come out of retirement to be a figurehead. The way the AD and Herm's agent talk about the deal it sounds like they're selling a multilevel marketing scheme.

Haha +1 to you sir.  I read the ASU press release and was dumbfounded at the language.  It sounds exactly like a MLM scheme!

Sumlin to Oregon makes a whole lotta sense to me and your comment about Sumlin slow playing UCF jives with that.

I can't see a way that Chip Kelly goes back to Oregon.

People here are not happy about everything going on at ASU; it's just so weird. It really seemed like Sumlin would be the choice, but that never really developed too much, and Herm came out of nowhere. Not to mention, a lot of people didn't really think that it was time for Graham to go, especially if this is the mess that is taking over. And pyramid scheme is a great way to explain it!

13 hours ago, MKMScat20 said:

Heard a rumor that Oregon may be exploring the idea of buying Chip Kelly out at UCLA in hopes of bringing him back.  Again, very much a rumor, but wouldn’t put anything past Phil Knight at this point.  Especially after Taggart looks like he’s going to burn many bridges up there.

This article might shed some light on your OP. 

“Chip Kelly could have returned to the Oregon Ducks last year. He chose not to because he never shared the same level of love for Oregon and its fans that they feel for him, almost embarrassingly so.“

Read full story below!

http://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/new-ucla-coach-chip-kelly-could-haunt-oregon-or-get-exposed

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Look for Phill Knight to start opening up the check book to get someone there that wants to stay.  He isn't going to be happy with a situation where they hire someone only to lose them when something better opens up.

I wonder if Oregon threw Chris Petersen say, $8mm/yr I wonder how that would shake out.  I know Petersen really, really wanted the UO job after Kelly left.  

UCLA is a way better opportunity for Kelly than Oregon. It will be far easier for him to recruit there and the quality of life based on how he operates would be far better. Kelly already left Oregon and I can't see him wanting to go back. Oregon needs a fresh start with someone like Troy Calhoun or Bryan Harsin.

Chip doesnt like OU as much, which is why he turned down the job last year.  Phil is not easy to work with, and he essentially runs the AD department.  I dont see any way they can pay Chip enough to want to return.

Pederson isnt leaving UW.  THe expectations are lower, and Seattle isnt near the fish bowl Eugene is.  On top of that, UW medical center is one of the top notch facilities in the US.  Because of his sons condition, I doubt he will leave.  

They are stuck with Sumlin or trying to steal Leach if they want anyone with a pulse.

6 hours ago, Coach Power'T said:

Taggart burned a ton of bridges up there

Yep...I for one have been confused with all the love for Taggart. Major difference between how he left Oregon and the way Frost left UCF.  So Taggart can recruit Florida...so can all the other FL schools.  What's the big deal about FSU being able to recruit FL?  Duh...I would hope so.