Nebrasketball Game #11- @ Creighton (Saturday, December 9: 1:30 FS1)

I realize Creighton isn't getting to the Final 4 this year and they play in a tough conference.  Their record will probably be at most 20-10 or maybe as low as 17-13 depending on injuries.  They have good athletes, good 3 point shooters and I think a man on the bench who can coach.  Nebraska flushed out 5 players last spring and brought in 6 new kids.  If they improve and get better shooting they maybe could sneak into the NCAA as a 15 or 16 seed.  Outside of MSU and probably Purdue the BIG 10 is really down so who knows.  I see a team that is inching their way up and to me they are fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I realize Creighton isn't getting to the Final 4 this year and they play in a tough conference.  Their record will probably be at most 20-10 or maybe as low as 17-13 depending on injuries.  They have good athletes, good 3 point shooters and I think a man on the bench who can coach.  Nebraska flushed out 5 players last spring and brought in 6 new kids.  If they improve and get better shooting they maybe could sneak into the NCAA as a 15 or 16 seed.  Outside of MSU and probably Purdue the BIG 10 is really down so who knows.  I see a team that is inching their way up and to me they are fun to watch.

I pretty much agree.  The Big Ten is wide open for spots 3-14...crazy to say but it is true.

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

No way a Big Ten team is ever getting a seed that low, it's just not possible.  Those seeds are reserved exclusively for the MEAC and American East conference champion type teams.  The lowest seed you'll ever see an at large team from a power conference get in general is about 11 or 12.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

CU has played 2 top 25 teams and lost to them both, lets not pretend they are some awesome team. In the past they have had some really good team, this year at this point they are not one of those teams. They lost by 17 to number 12 ranked Gonzaga just 9 days ago.

First of all, Creighton went to Northwestern who was top 25 on the road and got that win. Beat a top 25 UCLA on a neutral site in Kansas City and led the entire game until the last minute against Baylor who is also in the Top 25 on a neutral site. BTW Creighton was up 7 at halftime in Spokane. Is Creighton a top 2-3 Big East team most likely not but that has more to do with the Big East more than likely going to have three top 10 teams here soon in Villanova, Xavier, and Seton Hall.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Jays are on the downslide.  

They were very fortunate to get Mo Watson the last two years, guy turned out to be better than anyone could have ever expected.  

They beat UCLA...while the UCLA team was in prison.

They were beat over the head by the Zags but that is nothing to be ashamed of, the Zags are insane at home.

Nice win over NW but that is all it was, a nice win.

So how does any of this equate to the Jays being on the downslide?

2 minutes ago, Waterloohusker26 said:

So how does any of this equate to the Jays being on the downslide?

Well, they have faced two good teams and got smoked.  They have no point guard and their bigs are horrible at doing what bigs need to do.  Their two "good" wins are not all that good and they just struggled hard with a team that will probably finish with 6 conference wins in the Big Ten.

Good performance by the Huskers leading pretty much the whole first half. All of those ticky tack fouls in the first half ended up hurting us in the second half with lots of players in foul trouble. How Watson fouled out was a bunch of garbage. Frustrating when players on the court aren't the only deciding factor which team wins. Granted we didn't  play as good in the 2nd half and Creighton heated up when they needed to. We  are definitely  a better team than last year and hopefully we can do some damage in conference play and make it to the dance.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:58 AM, teachercd said:

Well, they have faced two good teams and got smoked.  They have no point guard and their bigs are horrible at doing what bigs need to do.  Their two "good" wins are not all that good and they just struggled hard with a team that will probably finish with 6 conference wins in the Big Ten.

Or you can look at it as Creighton played their worst game of the year and still beat Nebraska by 10. Define what bigs are supposed to do? I'm sure Nebraska's and Creighton's will be much different. Creighton's center is averaging 12.5 and 8 per game and helps space the floor for the guards to drive. I'm glad you were able to come up with such great analysis of the point guard play by one game. And if you're referring to playing Baylor and losing by 6 is getting smoked I'd hate to hear what losing by 30 is considered.

16 minutes ago, Waterloohusker26 said:

Or you can look at it as Creighton played their worst game of the year and still beat Nebraska by 10. Define what bigs are supposed to do? I'm sure Nebraska's and Creighton's will be much different. Creighton's center is averaging 12.5 and 8 per game and helps space the floor for the guards to drive. I'm glad you were able to come up with such great analysis of the point guard play by one game. And if you're referring to playing Baylor and losing by 6 is getting smoked I'd hate to hear what losing by 30 is considered.

One game? How do you know he is making that judgement off of one game? You do realize the Jays have played more than one game, right?

34 minutes ago, Waterloohusker26 said:

Sure...

Bigs need to protect the rim and play defense.

Thank you for the compliment on the PG analysis, I appreciate it.

That was not there worst game of the year, the losses were the worst games of the year.  That is why the lost.

And Baylor smoked them, 6 or 30...smoking is smoking.  

I get you love them and that is great.  I am not a Jays fan or a Jay hater...but it is easy to see they are slipping.  

Edited by teachercd
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Sure...

Bigs need to protect the rim and play defense.

Thank you for the compliment on the PG analysis, I appreciate it.

That was not there worst game of the year, the losses were the worst games of the year.  That is why the lost.

And Baylor smoked them, 6 or 30...smoking is smoking.  

Aka Justin Patton a lottery pick they are replacing from last year. I wouldn't expect you to know what that looks like.

I'm sure you've have great knowledge of the pg position by watching all of the great Nebraska pgs oh wait.

Creighton played much better against Gonzaga than they did Nebraska that's pretty easy to see.....so yes they played worse in that game

Creighton led for 37 minutes of a 40 minute game with a lead as big as 14 but your right smoking is smoking lol

2 minutes ago, Waterloohusker26 said:

Aka Justin Patton a lottery pick they are replacing from last year. I wouldn't expect you to know what that looks like.

I'm sure you've have great knowledge of the pg position by watching all of the great Nebraska pgs oh wait.

Creighton played much better against Gonzaga than they did Nebraska that's pretty easy to see.....so yes they played worse in that game

Creighton led for 37 minutes of a 40 minute game with a lead as big as 14 but your right smoking is smoking lol

Thanks again, I agree, I am right.

Also, I am not a NU fan