Frost on Jim Rome

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

Someone posted that recently. I hadn't seen it before but it looked staged.

it happened and it was very real.  I think he was trying to make a name for himself.  It's been strange how much he's expressed his respect  for Nebraska.  He just doesn't seen like he and us have anything in common but he's tooted our horn clear back to before Crouch won the Heisman.  

50 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

it happened and it was very real.  I think he was trying to make a name for himself.  It's been strange how much he's expressed his respect  for Nebraska.  He just doesn't seen like he and us have anything in common but he's tooted our horn clear back to before Crouch won the Heisman.  

Rome has been a guilty pleasure of mine for car listening for a while. He has always been unabashedly pro Nebraska. I think it’s just a result of him coming of age career wise when we were such a force. 

4 hours ago, krc1995 said:

ill take it- Rome lost his job after.  

I stand corrected. Crazy, as the whole thing seems entirely contrived and fake.

Rome gained notoriety in 1994 for an incident on his ESPN2 show, Talk2, when his guest was NFL quarterback Jim Everett. Rome previously referred to Everett as "Chris" (after Chris Evert, the female tennis player), suggesting that Everett was less than a man whenever he shied away from getting hit. Everett appeared as a guest on the show and warned Rome about repeating the insult. Rome continued to address Everett as "Chris" and Everett overturned the table between them and shoved Rome to the floor while still on the air. Their confrontation resulted in no legal action, although Rome publicly apologized to Everett. Rome considers that event one of his early career mistakes.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Rome#Controversy_and_incidents

11 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

Rome has been a guilty pleasure of mine for car listening for a while. He has always been unabashedly pro Nebraska. I think it’s just a result of him coming of age career wise when we were such a force. 

Personally I think his respect for Nebraska stems from the knowledge and skills of the callers from "Bugaha".  He is a coneseuer of smack-talk.