My wife and I are considering getting new smart phones and on a new network.  We don't want to spend an arm and leg on the latest version of the iphone or an android.

So with that in mind what recommendations do you have for phones and networks.  We are not the most tech savvy people so we don't need the most bells and whistles.

There are the major networks ATT, Verison, Sprint,  T-mobile, the next level wt Cricket, Boost, etc and you also have the Walmart's, etc networks, and Consumer Cellular for us

over 55 crowd - etc and etc.  So the options are numerous  - what plan and phone worked for you that was economical for 2 people?

Thanks for your input.  Much appreciated.

'

• Plus1 1

My wife and I used to have Verizon and liked their customer service many years ago. But between the lower quality of their customer service, the cost per month going up, and the 2-year contract to get new phones, we ended up dropping Verizon. We switched to T-Mobile because of the lower monthly costs, no contract, no data rate cap (just limited bandwidth speed if you go over and I think that might even be gone now), the ability to use wifi calling so that cell tower connectivity in our house doesn't matter, and the ability to get phones when we want and still have good choices down around $100.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

My wife and I used to have Verizon and liked their customer service many years ago. But between the lower quality of their customer service, the cost per month going up, and the 2-year contract to get new phones, we ended up dropping Verizon. We switched to T-Mobile because of the lower monthly costs, no contract, no data rate cap (just limited bandwidth speed if you go over and I think that might even be gone now), the ability to use wifi calling so that cell tower connectivity in our house doesn't matter, and the ability to get phones when we want and still have good choices down around $100.

Thanks Red - I'll ck them out.   We currently have ATT but have trouble wt drop calls - in our house and we are suburbia Tulsa.