StPaulHusker

Recruiting Tangent Thread - StPaulHusker Edition

I mean, if they aren't open minded enough to consider being coached by the National Coach of the Year, Broyles Award finalist, and Belitnikoff award winner, then we should be concerned with players that are.

• Plus1 3

25 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I mean, if they aren't open minded enough to consider being coached by the National Coach of the Year, Broyles Award finalist, and Belitnikoff award winner, then we should be concerned with players that are.

I dont think it has to do with him being closed minded.  It is more to do with him having a great relationship with our old staff, and probably having really good relationships with other staffs in his top 5. Only thing we could have done to hold onto Moore would be to retain KW and Walters seems to be a great addition to the staff.  

25 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I totally agree with you, who wouldn't want to jump at that great opportunity.

Just now, swmohusker said:

I dont think it has to do with him being closed minded.  It is more to do with him having a great relationship with our old staff, and probably having really good relationships with other staffs in his top 5. Only thing we could have done to hold onto Moore would be to retain KW and Walters seems to be a great addition to the staff.  

Everything you just said means he isn't open minded

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No it doesn't.  It could mean that he places a higher importance on different things (relationships) than you think he should.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Mavric said:

No it doesn't.  It could mean that he places a higher importance on different things (relationships) than you think he should.

Didn't give the new coaches half a chance

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Closed minded or making thoughtful decisions about his future.  He stayed committed to a 4-8 school that was a sinking ship and waited for the coaching carousel to stop spinning to make a decision.  When the dust settled he decided it was best for him to go elsewhere.  Seems like a genuinely good kid that had to make a tough decision.  Insulting his thought process is not necessary and even in his decommitment seems like a respectable young man.  

• Plus1 5

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Didn't give the new coaches half a chance

That's your assumption.  He hasn't committed anywhere else yet.  Doesn't mean he has shut us out.

Just now, Mavric said:

That's your assumption.  He hasn't committed anywhere else yet.  Doesn't mean he has shut us out.

Then why de-commit?  There is no law that keeps him from being recruited while staying committed.

2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Closed minded or making thoughtful decisions about his future.  He stayed committed to a 4-8 school that was a sinking ship and waited for the coaching carousel to stop spinning to make a decision.  When the dust settled he decided it was best for him to go elsewhere.  Seems like a genuinely good kid that had to make a tough decision.  Insulting his thought process is not necessary and even in his decommitment seems like a respectable young man.  

He didn't give the new coaches a chance.  How is that insulting him?

But again, he's not a Husker so I don't care anymore.  I care about the players that want to be Huskers.  Not ones that don't

Who says he doesn't want to be a husker?  By de-committing he gets to see if he is really wanted here and can give everybody a fair shake now that our staff has changed.  You don't know that he isn't a HUSKER.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, GBRFAN said:

Who says he doesn't want to be a husker?  By de-committing he gets to see if he is really wanted here and can give everybody a fair shake now that our staff has changed.  You don't know that he isn't a HUSKER.

He de-committed.  He isn't a Husker.  That's how it works.

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Then why de-commit?  There is no law that keeps him from being recruited while staying committed.

Because the coaches he committed to are now gone so he's opening everything back up and kind of starting over.  You know, being open to possibilities.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Because the coaches he committed to are now gone so he's opening everything back up and kind of starting over.  You know, being open to possibilities.

Ok

9 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

If these guys are so butt hurt why ain't they following Riley to Oregon state ? 

Because DWIdeouts isn't at Oregon St

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

He didn't give the new coaches a chance.  How is that insulting him?

But again, he's not a Husker so I don't care anymore.  I care about the players that want to be Huskers.  Not ones that don't

He de-committed.  He isn't a Husker.  That's how it works.

Your first quote seems a little childish and unless you have some inside info you don't know if he did or didn't give the staff a chance or even if he is still giving them a chance.  The nice thing is you get the right to care or not care about someone just like JM gets the chance to work thru the process the way he thinks will help him make the best choice in the end.

Him de-committing has zero to do with him being a Husker or not - There are zero kids in the country that are: ....a xyz school until December 20th or until the February signing day.  That is actually how it works!!!

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Your first quote seems a little childish and unless you have some inside info you don't know if he did or didn't give the staff a chance or even if he is still giving them a chance.  The nice thing is you get the right to care or not care about someone just like JM gets the chance to work thru the process the way he thinks will help him make the best choice in the end.

Him de-committing has zero to do with him being a Husker or not - There are zero kids in the country that are: ....a xyz school until December 20th or until the February signing day.  That is actually how it works!!!

The coaching staff has been in place less than a couple weeks.  And he de-committed.  That’s not giving anyone a chance.  

And since he isn’t a commit, he’s not a Husker.  This isn’t difficult to understand 

• Plus1 1

I do think the system should change and just call a school their leader for their commitment. I think most people have an issue with word commitment. Because it sends the wrong message to today's youth that your word doesn't mean anything anymore. 

Back when people had better values your word was important. 

So just stop calling it a commitment. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

To me they are

Well no wonder you're taking this so personally.  Commits aren't team members until they sign.

• Plus1 9

I like it when I see some of these high caliber kids who have parents that won't let them commit till the end because they are teaching their kids some actual values. Your word is important so don't commit to something until your sure you will honor it. Not enough of that in my opinion 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Well no wonder you're taking this so personally.  Commits aren't team members until they sign.

I’m not taking it personally.  I literally said that if they aren’t commits to Nebraska any longer I don’t care what they do or where they go

I’m not taking it personally.  I literally said that if they aren’t commits to Nebraska any longer I don’t care what they do or where they go

So if he recommits you'll forgive him and consider him a Husker again?

1 minute ago, Redux said:

So if he recommits you'll forgive him and consider him a Husker again?

It’s has nothing to do with forgiveness.  I don’t know the person

But if he commits again to Nebraska, then he’s a Husker.

Is this not easy to understand?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

It’s has nothing to do with forgiveness.  I don’t know the person

But if he commits again to Nebraska, then he’s a Husker.

Is this not easy to understand?

LateEthicalIbex.gif

• Plus1 9

I can see StPH’s point, I mean, a lot of us consider these kids “huskers” when they commit and are  #All’N’ 

what im curious of is how many recruits Frost and Co have essentially been told to kick rocks. 

I literally said that if they aren’t commits to Nebraska any longer I don’t care what they do or where they go

13 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

But again, he's not a Husker so I don't care anymore. 

Your 12 posts about him in the last 24 hours don't really have me convinced that you don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

• Plus1 9

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Your 12 posts about him in the last 24 hours don't really have me convinced that you don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Those posts were answering posts directed at me to explain my position.  Nice try though.

• Plus1 5

How not to follow recruiting:

"He committed to Nebraska, he's a Husker"

-decommits a few months later after a 4-8 season and a staff change to weigh options

"He's no Husker, I don't care what he does"

• Plus1 5

I guess i don't understand why I should care where he commits if it isn't to Nebraska.  

21 minutes ago, Redux said:

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Everyone is entitled to follow recruiting however they want. They dont need to justify themselves to anyone on this husker chat room. He is not doing anything crazy like tweeting a recruit and being a bad fan embarrassing the university. So who gives a SH!T what his opinion is. No ones gives a crap about who is right anymore. Josh Moore news is all we want to see.

• Plus1 1

Yup everyone can follow it how they want.  But if that approach is getting bent out of shape over a HS player making the biggest decision of their life, then maybe reevaluate.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yup everyone can follow it how they want.  But if that approach is getting bent out of shape over a HS player making the biggest decision of their life, then maybe reevaluate.

You do realize no one got bent out of shape right?  This whole thing started because i said if he doesn't want to be a Husker, maybe we should focus on players that do want to be.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

You do realize no one got bent out of shape right?  This whole thing started because i said if he doesn't want to be a Husker, maybe we should focus on players that do want to be.

Maybe it's your wording that has confused so many, you're coming off angry IMO.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Redux said:

Maybe it's your wording that has confused so many, you're coming off angry IMO.

I'm not angry at all.  That's why I keep asking if what I am saying is difficult to understand.  If he doesn't want to be a Husker, we, as Husker fans, should focus on players that do.  I don't care about where any player goes if it's not to Nebraska.  Because they aren't playing for my team.  I focus on my team.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

He is not doing anything crazy like tweeting a recruit and being a bad fan embarrassing the university.

He's insulting an 18 year old kid he doesn't know and calling him close-minded.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

i said if he doesn't want to be a Husker, maybe we should focus on players that do want to be.

If we only recruited kids who wanted to be huskers, we'd have a pretty lousy roster talent-wise. The goal of recruiting is to convince kids who don't want to be huskers to change their minds.

50 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

That's why I keep asking if what I am saying is difficult to understand. 

I don't think that's why you keep asking that.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

He's insulting an 18 year old kid he doesn't know and calling him close-minded.

If we only recruited kids who wanted to be huskers, we'd have a pretty lousy roster talent-wise. The goal of recruiting is to convince kids who don't want to be huskers to change their minds.

I don't think that's why you keep asking that.

I think it is reasonable to conclude that based on the timing of the hiring of new coaches and his de-commitment he didn't keep an open mind about playing for the Huskers.  

Your second comment leads me to believe that you do not understand what I am saying.  

• Plus1 1

So does Frost get a pass or does he get admonished like Riley did with Fant and Bryson Williams?

Duggan is from Iowa....That's like the Hawkeyes mad about not getting Omaha kids 

• Plus1 5