Recruiting Tangent Thread

It also should not be over looked that the standard was there for Riley partly because the on field results were not good. We went after alot of big fish- we got alot of big fish to commit. But not many actually made it on campus. So many people were upset with Riley because we were letting good local kids slip away to chase big fish but we never actually landed anyone better than the local kid. 

The difference is so far in watching Frost wrap up the last recruiting class in a short time frame is he closed on his targets. We were not left floundering around and not even filling out class numbers. So lets not say we have a standard for Riley that we are supposed to hold Frost to. 

Riley's lack of effective recruiting and filling classes is what led to people have a "standard" or frustration with letting good local talent get away.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Maybe Nebraska couldn't secure the commitment?  Why does everyone assume it's Nebraska that doesn't want Duggan and not the other way around?

Yet you are wondering why people aren't bashing the coaching staff... makes sense 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, jaws said:

Is this a Nebraska fan admitting that Iowa football is equal to Nebraksa football? ;)

Until the first second runs off the clock of the 2018 season i will agree that Iowa and NU are on comparable grounds from the years 2011 to 2017.  This will change quickly thou

not sure why these merged????

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Do you ever post anything worthy of conversation or do you just follow me around to try and be combative?  Because if you want to go down this road, I'm game.

you are giving yourself too much credit --- I read what is on the screen and don't look for people - you just spend a lot of time standing out in a poor way.

Edited by GBRFAN
  • Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Until the first second runs off the clock of the 2018 season i will agree that Iowa and NU are on comparable grounds from the years 2011 to 2017.  This will change quickly thou

you are giving yourself too much credit --- I read what is on the screen and don't look for people - you just spend a lot of time standing out in a poor way.

I choose not to be blinded by the shiny new things.  If that makes me stand out in a poor way, then so be it.

• Plus1 1

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I choose not to be blinded by the shiny new things.  If that makes me stand out in a poor way, then so be it.

yeah because the only thing this staff has going for them is they are "shiny and new"  - You need to crawl out from under the rock.  There is something going on in Lincoln and you are missing it.

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Maybe Nebraska couldn't secure the commitment?  Why does everyone assume it's Nebraska that doesn't want Duggan and not the other way around?

Here's a counterpoint I find compelling...

On 12/11/2017 at 10:51 AM, StPaulHusker said:

I mean, if they aren't open minded enough to consider being coached by the National Coach of the Year, Broyles Award finalist, and Belitnikoff award winner, then we should be concerned with players that are.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Here...

It's fine if Duggan doesn't want to play for the Huskers.  We should move on to a player that would.  The idea that some people have that Frost offered him TWICE to 2 different schools but somehow he isn't at the top of the list shouldn't be believed.  They couldn't make up the ground on a "local" kid.  That's all.

Nice job digging back 4 months for that last post, though.  Well done.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Recruiting Tangent Thread