Recruiting Tangent Thread

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I didn't think he was a great QB.

I do think he's been a great HC so far.

I agree he has been a good HC so far but I am with you in terms of not being afraid to question some of his decisions.

It is ok to question things like recruiting Frost and Co doesnt walk on water. While we should give them some leeway, I think it is ok to still have expectations.

So far its been fun but I still think he has a lot to prove.. especially in recruiting.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

They been in the CFP?

No, but it terms of coaching, they have produce 4 recruited tackles in the draft since 2013, 3 of which went in the first two rounds.

You know, the team that has had similar recruits at OT as Nebraska recently that you reminded us of. Facts or whatever you were talking about.

13 minutes ago, deedsker said:

No, but it terms of coaching, they have produce 4 recruited tackles in the draft since 2013, 3 of which went in the first two rounds.

You know, the team that has had similar recruits at OT as Nebraska recently that you reminded us of. Facts or whatever you were talking about.

I suppose Wisconsin and Nebraska were somewhat similar in OT recruiting from 2013 on.  Edge to Wisconsin overall.  Unfortunately, Pelini went 0-5 on OT's that committed to Nebraska in 2013 so that has set the program behind a long way.

Either way, recruiting OL like Wisconsin is going to have to be the floor, not the ceiling, moving forward, in my opinion.  Because as good as they are in that area, they still get beat by Ohio St.

I just find it funny how human nature works. The fan base would have sold a kidney to get Scott Frost to come back home. As the savior of Husker football. Then once we have him signed up for a 7 year contract we shift to judging and complaining about what he is doing is not up to our standards. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just find it funny how human nature works. The fan base would have sold a kidney to get Scott Frost to come back home. As the savior of Husker football. Then once we have him signed up for a 7 year contract we shift to judging and complaining about what he is doing is not up to our standards. 

I'm a fan and I wouldn't have sold anything to get him to coach the Huskers.  Furthermore, my expectations of the head coach are the same regardless of who it is.  It's not going to change because the guy came back to his home state.

And it's not necessarily "our standards."  It's the CFP standards.  I look at what the teams that are making it there are doing and seeing my team not do it, too.  I would prefer they did.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm a fan and I wouldn't have sold anything to get him to coach the Huskers.  Furthermore, my expectations of the head coach are the same regardless of who it is.  It's not going to change because the guy came back to his home state.

And it's not necessarily "our standards."  It's the CFP standards.  I look at what the teams that are making it there are doing and seeing my team not do it, too.  I would prefer they did.

Thats fair. But its also fair to not micro manage every step they take along the way. They have proven they can turn a program around in short order- UCF is the proof. But we cant expect the first year of recruiting to be on par with Alabama and Ohio State type programs. I know where Nebraska should be, I think all Husker fans do. Its right next to those programs- we are a blue blood and should be at the top with the rest of those teams. But the sad reality for the last 15 years we have been irrelevant and unfortunately the laughing stock of the Big 10. All those years of Husker Nation looking down their noses at the big ten, mocking them with the rest of the country. It was a perfect storm for us to join the big ten while we were down and heading further down, because it gave them bragging rights to smack us around the last however many years. I hate it. Being irrelevant that long on the national stage makes it hard to pull in top notch kids when this staff has not even coached 1 game yet. 

I think interest is peaked, and people are taking notice. Putting us in top 10 lists etc. But I dont see them picking Nebraska until they see results. 

Look at Riley- he was getting alot of interest and had people believing he was building something special. But after awhile the kids said show me- we couldnt. I think Frost will show them and then they will come. 

I will now quote "field of dreams" 

"build it and they will come"

giphy.gif

• Plus1 5
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Thanks_Tom RR said:

The CB cupboard is bare, in terms of proven commodities and bodies in general. It should be a surprise to no one that this staff is looking for JUCOs/grad transfers at this position. If Jackson is a 2015 recruit, that means he is either a 1-for-1 or 2-for-2 guy. If they have a scholarship to burn for the year, this gives you a player to develop and provide some depth at a razor thin position.

BTW, he had 4 more INT individually than all of our CBs last season.

Did he have those INT's against B1G quarterbacks?  Was he defending B1G wide receivers?

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's just a stupid stat to bring up.  Congrats to him for intercepting 4 passes against players that couldn't make it on the lowest level D1 team.  It doesn't really matter.

It's just a stat.  Don't need to read too much into it, or tear it down. 

Besides, do the best CBs have the most interceptions?  

• Mavric changed the title to Recruiting Tangent Thread