Recruiting Tangent Thread

22 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's fine if Duggan doesn't want to play for the Huskers.  We should move on to a player that would.  The idea that some people have that Frost offered him TWICE to 2 different schools but somehow he isn't at the top of the list shouldn't be believed.  They couldn't make up the ground on a "local" kid.  That's all.

Nice job digging back 4 months for that last post, though.  Well done.

There are local recruiting guys that are saying the cooled relationship is actually due to the staff not from Duggan. This may be were most are getting that opinion. The question you have to ask (since none of us are insiders) is within the context of this conversation, do you rely on reports by journalists and recruiting experts or do you go with your own intuition?

Yeah, I was considering moving this conversation to the StPaulHusker Recruiting Tangent Thread, and that ironically was the first post.

16 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

There are local recruiting guys that are saying the cooled relationship is actually due to the staff not from Duggan. This may be were most are getting that opinion. The question you have to ask (since none of us are insiders) is within the context of this conversation, do you rely on reports by journalists and recruiting experts or do you go with your own intuition?

Yeah, I was considering moving this conversation to the StPaulHusker Recruiting Tangent Thread, and that ironically was the first post.

Perhaps they cooled due to him leaning further somewhere else.  I could buy that.  But I don't believe for a second that they cooled on him due to ability or fit for the style of play.  It just doesn't add up to me.

I love Elsa.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Perhaps they cooled due to him leaning further somewhere else.  I could buy that.  But I don't believe for a second that they cooled on him due to ability or fit for the style of play.  It just doesn't add up to me.

I love Elsa.

It could be possible that because the staff is now at Nebraska. They are granted more inside info about local kids because they are sporting the N on their jacket. Maybe someone gave them some info they didnt like much. I understand they offered him at UCF- maybe they thought he was a good caliber player for UCF. I think they re-offered most of the kids who previously had a Nebraska offer right? So maybe they re-offered out of respect and once they started digging more they found something they dont like. 

Or maybe its Duggan. Maybe when he saw the tweets after Martinez committed about our coaches saying we just landed the future of the Nebraska Program. Maybe he knows his is second fiddle day 1 he walks in.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I love Elsa.

Well, in that case, according to your own logic (in the post I quoted), the staff is just doing what you suggested, so no skin off their collective nose, right?

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It could be possible that because the staff is now at Nebraska. They are granted more inside info about local kids because they are sporting the N on their jacket. Maybe someone gave them some info they didnt like much. I understand they offered him at UCF- maybe they thought he was a good caliber player for UCF. I think they re-offered most of the kids who previously had a Nebraska offer right? So maybe they re-offered out of respect and once they started digging more they found something they dont like. 

Or maybe its Duggan. Maybe when he saw the tweets after Martinez committed about our coaches saying we just landed the future of the Nebraska Program. Maybe he knows his is second fiddle day 1 he walks in.

From what I could tell, Duggan was the only QB re-offered

2 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Well, in that case, according to your own logic (in the post I quoted), the staff is just doing what you suggested, so no skin off their collective nose, right?

It would make sense (TO ME!!!) if they moved on because he became less interested.  I will not be convinced they moved on because he was low on their list due to ability or fit.

41 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's fine if Duggan doesn't want to play for the Huskers.  We should move on to a player that would.  The idea that some people have that Frost offered him TWICE to 2 different schools but somehow he isn't at the top of the list shouldn't be believed.  They couldn't make up the ground on a "local" kid.  That's all.

Did Frost also offer the other QBs we are currently after at UCF?  Otherwise, he may still be interested but now have others in which he is interested more.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Why?  This is a legitimate discussion

Yes, which is why it was only moved and not deleted

about the player and his recruitment.

It had gone on a TANGENT to include how Frost recruits others and how other coaches have recruited

I was on no more of a tangent than anyone that disagreed with me.

No one said otherwise

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Did Frost also offer the other QBs we are currently after at UCF?  Otherwise, he may still be interested but now have others in which he is interested more.

According to 247, only Michael Johnson out of Oregon

But I also wanted to be fair to both coaches.  I think Riley only offered 2 QB's before getting fired.  He put everything into Grant Gunnell.  And when that didn't happen he offered Duggan.  Which I believe I expressed my disappointment about Riley being late to the game there, too.

24 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Am I not allowed to post my own opinion about anything on this message board?  Or do i need to run it by you first to make sure it meets a criteria you deem worthy?

If you don't like what I'm saying, don't read it.  

You came on here accusing fans of being hypocrites.  

You don't expect that to be challenged?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You came on here accusing fans of being hypocrites.  

You don't expect that to be challenged?

Sure I expect to be challenged if I say something you disagree with.  Problem is you're not saying anything worthy of furthering the discussion.  Your response to my opinion at the top of the page shows that.

17 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Sure I expect to be challenged if I say something you disagree with.  Problem is you're not saying anything worthy of furthering the discussion.  Your response to my opinion at the top of the page shows that.

Well, then it's fairly disingenuous to then act like you're not being treated fairly.

• Mavric changed the title to Recruiting Tangent Thread