Recruiting Tangent Thread

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I don't have a problem with fans being fans of a program and being optimistic and excited about potential players.

I also don't understand fans who have a problem with other fans being optimistic.  Isn't that what makes being a fan of a team fun?

Why do you feel you need to be on a crusade to throw a wet blanket on people who are excited about the program right now?

So as long as my opinion matches the overall enthusiasm of everyone else it's all good.  Got it.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

So as long as my opinion matches the overall enthusiasm of everyone else it's all good.  Got it.

I said nothing like that.

You can have your opinion all you want on this board.  The problem is that you seem to be on this crusade to call out other posters who are positive and optimistic about this coaching staff. Your posts are more than just expressing an opinion.  You are doing nothing of the such.  

You obviously have a cob up somewhere about this staff.  Why don't you simply state that instead of trying to call out people who actually are having fun following the staff and program and are optimistic about what is going on?

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I said nothing like that.

You can have your opinion all you want on this board.  The problem is that you seem to be on this crusade to call out other posters who are positive and optimistic about this coaching staff. Your posts are more than just expressing an opinion.  You are doing nothing of the such.  

You obviously have a cob up somewhere about this staff.  Why don't you simply state that instead of trying to call out people who actually are having fun following the staff and program and are optimistic about what is going on?

I have no problem with the coaching staff.  But realistically, as of now, they aren't doing anything different in recruiting than Pelini and Riley did.  And we need it to be better.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I have no problem with the coaching staff.  But realistically, as of now, they aren't doing anything different in recruiting than Pelini and Riley did.  And we need it to be better.

Which you have shown to be the same caliber as Wisconsin. So now Frost just has to coach.

Got it!

I think we need to stop and reflect a moment. Are we having a bunch of .95 and higher guys committing right now? NO. But I think everyone was very impressed with the class Frost put together last year in like 75 days. 

So here we are a mere couple months into the first full recruiting cycle- a time period where not alot of commits happen during these months and some are freaking out like its Riley and Pelini all over again. 

1. By the time this class closes out and we finish with a top 15 class and quite a few 4 stars- this thread is going to look pretty silly.

2. Lets chill out on thinking just because Frost showed up that automatically means we are going to have a top 5 class and compete with Alabama and Ohio State in the first recruiting cycle. 

3. I see us getting some new blood in the program- we start to rack up some good wins and see major progress this year and next. Then once people see an uptick at Nebraska happening- not just talking about what happened at UCF. When people actually see the turn around happening at Nebraska. Kids will start flocking here and recruiting gets alot easier. Its crazy to think we are going to compete with alabama and ohio state for top 5 classes being on the job for a total of what 5 or 6 months

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Why aren't you telling the moderator that is arguing with me to do the same?

I would agree with StPaul on this part.

I like StPaul. I like Mav.

But both are beating the hell out of this dead horse but people only seem to be piling on to StPaul.

I get where he is coming from in his argument and get where Mav is coming from. Neither are really wrong but again it has become a pissing match.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Recruiting Tangent Thread