Recruiting Tangent Thread

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

HE asked ME when who was the last NEBRAKSA walkon tackle to contribute significantly.  Why would I think about any other college in my question back to him?

You just don't like it when people have an opinion that you don't like and choose to attack that person.  You didn't bother to read the discussion. You just like to try to own people. It's pretty sad that a mod behaves this way.

It’s not relevant whether at Nebraska a TE ever converted to OT, because Scott Frost wasn’t the head coach before. What Mavric posted was about as relevant to the conversation as you can get. If it never happened at Nebraska before it might be because no one tried, and it might be no one tried because they didn’t play this style of offense before.

FWIW, and I’ve argued plenty with Mavric before, I didn’t find it to be an attack or troll at all.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

don't be my first victim SPH

If you decide to suspend or ban me, so be it.  It's not like I can do anything about it. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

It’s not relevant whether at Nebraska a TE ever converted to OT, because Scott Frost wasn’t the head coach before. What Mavric posted was about as relevant to the conversation as you can get. If it never happened at Nebraska before it might be because no one tried, and it might be no one tried because they didn’t play this style of offense before.

FWIW, and I’ve argued plenty with Mavric before, I didn’t find it to be an attack or troll at all.

Then why was it relevant to ask about walk on tackles?

I'd be willing to open up my argument to teams other than Nebraska, I'm just not really familiar with other teams walk-ons. So far I've really only found 2 great walk-on Tackles, both in the late 90s - Brian Burlsworth at Arkansas and Levi Jones at Arizona State. It is a fair point that Nebraska has had very few TE turned Tackles or walk-on Tackles. Kind of an interesting subject if this gets split off into it's own thread but since we're potentially taking both this class, I'm not really concerned. I'd rather use scholarships for the higher ceiling, although obviously you have to balance that against how likely it is.

So it is possible, but I think it still boils down to Fritzche having athletic potential that the nearby lineman prospects do not. Add in the fact that they will walk-on and he most likely wouldn't, and I'm ok with the offer.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Then why was it relevant to ask about walk on tackles?

A TE can be converted to an OT anywhere and used as an example that it can be done if the person was a good OT on a good OL.

Nebraska walk ons are Nebraska walk ons, and our walk on program isn’t like most other walk on programs. We have a huge walk on population to pull from. If it hasn’t happend here (I have no idea) then chances are decent it hasn’t happened other places. But even then if you’re looking at other places it’s important to know how good their line was in general just like with the TE to OT move. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Why aren't you posting names of players that were once walk on tackles at other places that did great things later to prove Husker in WI wrong?

Or is it you just pick and choose who you argue with?

And we ARE trying it here.  Remember?  We are taking one of the most athletic HS football players in recent history in the state of Nebraska and making him a Center.

Yes, I know we're trying.  I mentioned that above.  But when I did all you responded with was the snarky

44 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

That didn't answer the question.  But thanks 

Easy to get lost when you're not really trying to have a discussion.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

HE asked ME when who was the last NEBRAKSA walkon tackle to contribute significantly.  Why would I think about any other college in my question back to him?

You just don't like it when people have an opinion that you don't like and choose to attack that person.  You didn't bother to read the discussion. You just like to try to own people. It's pretty sad that a mod behaves this way.

Have to say that this is a top 5 post by StPaulHusker

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Curious if anyone knows how many kids say dream school- then go somewhere else? Wondering if our odds are really good or if this gets thrown around by kids

Yes someone please look through every single recruit in the history of recruiting who has mentioned "dream school" and then cross reference it to where they actually went. We expect a full report on Monday.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Recruiting Tangent Thread