RB/WR Miles Jones [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jones Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Vanderbilt
    • Georgia

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2018 at 06:18 PM

Player: Miles Jones

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

School: American Heritage

Position: Athlete, Wide Receiver

Height: 5-8

Weight: 163

40 Time: 4.62

Offers: Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Navy, Nebraska, Oregon State, Syracuse, Toledo, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #614 Overall; #49 ATH; .8708; :star:star:star

Rivals: #17 ATH; :star:star:star:star 
247: #77 ATH; :star:star:star 
ESPN: #87 ATH; :star:star:star 

Hudl

Edited by seaofred92

32 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

If the 4.62 time is accurate he won't be getting separation although he may be able to cut to a seam to get open.  One thing we had problems with this year was 2 of our three main receivers weren't especially fast or tall so Stanley M was used the most on deep routes

I'm assuming Spielman is the one you are thinking that was successful with this. Tyjon should be able to fill a role like that a bit better in an offense like this too. 

Not going to be picky about Frost's first class. He's off to a great start. I would like to see us get some size at WR in future classes. Right now, this class seems to have a lot of WR/TE tweeners that I assume will wind up at TE. Maybe McGriff sticks at TE.  Woodyard seems like the only surefire WR in the class right now, and he's a burner.

We don't have a ton of size right now, especially if Morgan leaves. It would be great to get a big possession guy or two that can be a chain mover if needed. 

That said, size in general is somewhat overrated in college. I'll take a slighter guy that can make plays over a guy with all the measurables who isn't as good of a WR. I remember Bo's first class he wound up taking the Osborne twins who had good size but never really did much. 

Jones' offer list is pretty good. If Georgia, WV & Wiscy want him he must be a pretty dang good prospect. 

Edited by dudeguyy

Is it possible some of these guys will go WR as true freshman for depth and then get bulked up to become TE's for the last couple years when we have had a chance to get the WR #'s more in tune.

I know this is a little off topic when in a thread about a small guy that will be here to use his speed!!!

Edited by GBRFAN
  • Mavric changed the title to RB/WR Miles Jones [Nebraska Commit]