RB/WR Miles Jones [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jones Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Vanderbilt
    • Georgia

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2018 at 06:18 PM

On 12/14/2017 at 0:40 PM, TonyStalloni said:

If the 4.62 time is accurate he won't be getting separation although he may be able to cut to a seam to get open.  One thing we had problems with this year was 2 of our three main receivers weren't especially fast or tall so Stanley M was used the most on deep routes

4.62 won’t get open? 

2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

4.62 won’t get open? 

Against Ark St, Illinois and maybe Minn it probably will.  4.62 is fast to the average person on the street but to DB's at Ohio St, Mich, Penn St and a few other schools plus most bowl teams we will play in the future, 4.62 is average speed.  Quickness and route skills get you separation on short routes but for down the field throws and at only 5'8" those aren't the measurable that get you success vs the elite teams.  I'm not saying he can't be an effective receiver because Spielman does very well.  I saw he and Tyjon Lyndsey get covered up too many times this past year.  Some of it may have been the routes they were asked to run.  To me a 6'2" corner with 4.5 speed and good cover skills trumps a 5'8" receiver with 4.62 speed most of the time.

• Mavric changed the title to RB/WR Miles Jones [Nebraska Commit]