OT Ryan Winkel [Arkansas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

18 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Winkel Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Ryan Winkel

Hometown: Memphis, Tennessee

School: Christian Brothers

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-6

Weight: 280

40 Time

Offers: Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe, Memphis, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Tulane, UCF, Virginia, Western Kentucky

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #1821 Overall; #150 OT; .8154; :star:star:star 

Rivals: :star:star 
247: #132 OT; :star:star:star 
ESPN

Hudl

Edited by seaofred92

15 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Wasn't too impressed.  His stance doesn't allow him to really explode and get behind his weight.  He also dictates exactly where he is looking to block.  Didn't really see much of his pass blocking.  Meow a bit here.  I'll pass.

I must have watched a different film.  He finishes blocks and puts his guys on the ground.  He pulled on a couple plays and actually put his guy on the ground 10 yards down field.  His pass blocking does need some help but his run blocking looks great. 

Looks like a better OT prospect than Bleich to me. Not to mention if you've watched the lack of aggressiveness out of our OL these last few years you'd think you'd like his film.

If you were a fan of Chris Walker's offer last year, you'll probably approve of this one as well.

Edited by spurs1990
34 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I must have watched a different film.  He finishes blocks and puts his guys on the ground.  He pulled on a couple plays and actually put his guy on the ground 10 yards down field.  His pass blocking does need some help but his run blocking looks great. 

Ya, we have different takes.  That's okay.  For me, I have no professional or football experience.  Just going off the eye.  Some of his best blocks seem to be when the other player had their backs already turned going the direction of the block.

Thanks for balancing out my thoughts.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, theknife said:

Good Frame, so bring him in and coach him up!

That will be the key.  I really like the last couple classes of OL we have brought in, we just have to coach and develop them.  Under Cav's watch our linemen never improved and the backups were just as effective as 5 starters we had to keep on the field the whole game.  Nick Gates at one time was a highly regarded talent that showed much potential, and he has regressed.  Cant wait to see what a new OL coach can do with this group.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Ryan Winkel [Arkansas - Signed LOI]