Weird Time for Christians

On 11/13/2018 at 6:38 PM, Landlord said:

Here's the inconsistency of the pro-life argument I never understood. Let's just assume that it's synonymous with Christianity, as it mostly is.

Killing a baby is murder.

Dead souls either go to heaven or hell.

Dead souls that live long enough all fall short of the glory of God and are hellbound unless they accept Jesus as their lord and savior. The overwhelming majority of people who live don't take the narrow road and end up in hell for eternity.

Most all Christians believe in some age of accountability where children are not judged the same way and go to heaven regardless.

So.

Killing a baby guarantees it goes to heaven.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Or sounds like most Christians don't really believe the things they claim to.

If you are catholic, and a baby dies before its' baptized  ... no heaven.  

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think this is accurate

Many Catholics have priests inject holy water into the wombs of women who's babies aren't viable, so I think according to many it is accurate.

I was arguing more against an evangelical position, though. The Catholic orthodoxy of salvation is pretty... nonsensical. Essentially anyone who doesn't get a chance to confess to a priest right at the moment of their death is probably f#&%ed.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Many Catholics have priests inject holy water into the wombs of women who's babies aren't viable, so I think according to many it is accurate.

I was arguing more against an evangelical position, though. The Catholic orthodoxy of salvation is pretty... nonsensical. Essentially anyone who doesn't get a chance to confess to a priest right at the moment of their death is probably f#&%ed.

If I'm not mistaken, the Church doesn't hold a position on what happens to a baby that dies before being baptized but yet doesn't know sin.  So they have a "Hope of Salvation"

We need a priest in here for the way this thing is going <queue pedophile jokes> but Google told me there's no defined doctrine on the eternal fate of unbaptized infants and that limbo is (just) a theory.

I've never heard of holy water in wombs and Google didn't help me find anything via a quick search.