Weird Time for Christians

On 11/15/2018 at 4:39 PM, StPaulHusker said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Church doesn't hold a position on what happens to a baby that dies before being baptized but yet doesn't know sin.  So they have a "Hope of Salvation"

Yes, as of 1992.  Before then they taught that unbaptized babies went to purgatory, or "limbo" due to original sin.  

I actually talked to a priest about this after fighting with a friend that there was no way it could be true.  When he told me it was, it was also when I officially "lapsed".

edit - I bucketed limbo and purgatory and I think there's actually a difference between them.  

That GOP Jesus skit is pretty funny and on target.

I'm still waiting for a GOP voting Christian to explain what appears to be a major disconnect between the teachings of Christ and the policies of the GOP. It appears that Christian evangelicals were a key factor in electing Donald Trump.

I know conservative posters don't like to post here anymore. I know the question feels like a trap, because it is.

But could someone give it a try? Maybe it's time to redefine Christian. Seriously. 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm still waiting for a GOP voting Christian to explain what appears to be a major disconnect between the teachings of Christ and the policies of the GOP.

JeSuS' tEaChInGs OnLy ApPlY tO mE aS aN iNdIvIdUaL tHeY sHoUlDn'T bE eNfOrCeD aS mAnDaToRy StAtE pOlIcY!1!1

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That GOP Jesus skit is pretty funny and on target.

I'm still waiting for a GOP voting Christian to explain what appears to be a major disconnect between the teachings of Christ and the policies of the GOP. It appears that Christian evangelicals were a key factor in electing Donald Trump.

I know conservative posters don't like to post here anymore. I know the question feels like a trap, because it is.

But could someone give it a try? Maybe it's time to redefine Christian. Seriously. 

Their argument when it comes to poor people is always that they want to help poor people but they don’t want to be forced to by the gov’mt

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

JeSuS' tEaChInGs OnLy ApPlY tO mE aS aN iNdIvIdUaL tHeY sHoUlDn'T bE eNfOrCeD aS mAnDaToRy StAtE pOlIcY!1!1

Didn’t see this til now

File this under Christian Hypocrisy:

Source: https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/08/lawsuit_oregon_construction_wo.html

A 34-year-old man has filed an $800,000 lawsuit against a Albany construction company, claiming the owner fired him after he refused to attend weekly Bible study.

Ryan Coleman’s lawsuit states that he discovered only after he was hired as a painter for Dahled Up Construction that the job entailed more than just fixing up homes. According to Coleman and his lawsuit, owner Joel Dahl told him all employees were required to partake in regular Bible study sessions led by a Christian pastor during the work day, while on the clock. Coleman told Dahl that the requirement was illegal, but Dahl wouldn’t budge, according to the lawsuit.

Could you imagine the furor if this was, say, a Muslim-owned company and the owner forced everyone to attend Quran studies every day, or pray to Mecca every day? Fox News would lose their collective s*** and call for a holy war to exterminate Sharia Law.

I hope this owner gets sued into oblivion. While I feel back for the workers, religion shouldn't be forced upon them by the workplace (unless you choose to work directly for a religious institution, of course), and it's asinine that in 2018, we're still having to deal with this ignorance. 

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...